This is it. It's the end of the fucking line if i don't find out the truth.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AsphyxiateOnMisery, Feb 27, 2012.

1. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

We bought a pack of 24 bottles of water yesterday. I specifically said to my husband, who is a heroin addict, that I will be counting how many of them I use, and if I find one of them missing, I will assume he's using it to shoot up. He said okay. I put a bottle of water on the nightstand last night because I was going to drink it, but then changed my mind, so it was still unopened. It stood on the nightstand all night. Today, I'm eating my lunch and remember that I took out a bottle of water last night, so I wanted to drink it with my lunch. Lo and behold, it's not there. I call him and tell him that he better have put it in the fridge or somewhere else or we're going to have serious fucking problems. He lies, as usual and says he has no idea at all what happened to it. Nobody else came into the room, I didn't touch it, so that just leaves him. Still, he expects me to believe his lies and think that the thing just disappeared. I...I can't do it anymore. If he tells me the truth and says "Yes, I did drugs", I can deal with that and we can fix it. But to treat me like a complete idiot and expect me to believe that the thing vanished...no. Just no. I may have non-existent self-esteem, but I still have a tiny ounce of self-respect. I refuse to be treated like a total idiot by him. I can't believe he's even trying this shit after what I said to him last night.

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I there a way to leave him for a few days, just to clear your head...?

3. AsphyxiateOnMisery

There is no clearing my head. It's either he tells me he took it and did drugs, or I'm going to leave. I can't be with someone who can't tell me the truth.

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I understand. Do you have kids involved?

5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

No. I wouldn't have kids with someone who doesn't have their addiction under control.

6. whoamiboo

whoamiboo Active Member

Interesting he is just not a drug addict he also is a chronic liar. I believe once you get to this stage in your life it is hard to tell the truth. I have people in my life that will lie right to my face when the truth is right before me. Sad to say this is not something that you are going to change nor will you be able to work on it due to the fact you have a lot involved in your home life. I wish you well but honestly if he lies about a bottle of water and doing drugs what else is he lying to you about??? Good luck in what you decide. Thoughts are with you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  7. Joshua2803

Joshua2803 Well-Known Member

it is very commendable that you have stuck with your husband thus far, having family with drug problems can be difficult, and just like in your case it leads to trust issues. at this point it seems that you cant take it anymore, i agree maybe you could go somewhere to clear youre head on the matter?

8. Joshua2803

Joshua2803 Well-Known Member

excuse me, double post

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
  9. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Well just to let you all know, he said he grabbed the bottle accidentally after he knocked over a few things off the nightstand. He found it in his car inside his hoodie and it was still sealed, so I think it was just an accident that time. Its possible of course that he was planning on using it and just didn't get the chance, but i dont know for sure so i went with what he said. Still, I told him to be more careful cause that kind of shit makes me suspect that he's lying to me. And he said he would be and he was sorry.