this is killing me slowly

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by drkangl, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drkangl

drkangl Active Member

I need help, im stuck in a never ending cycle. I go from dr. to dr. and all the ers in three counties. I think about ultram, tramadol everyday all day. It started 7 years ago when drs put me on it cause i didn't want to take the strongers meds anymore for chronic back pain. they said it was not addictive. they lied. after 7 yrs i have to take at least 20-25 per day just so i dont get sick. if thats not bad enoughi also take about 15 tylenol pm everynight to sleep. I cant go on like this much longer. cant go to rehab i have 3 kiddos and no insurance. i need help. tapering does not help cause i cant do it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You had better get help and soon all that tylenol is doing damage to your liver.
    You need to get into detox therapy so your kids have you for a long time not a short one. You can't beat this alone you need professional help. Stop screwing around with these meds they are dangerous to you organs Get help so your kids can have you the whole you take care.

3. drkangl

drkangl Active Member

thanks violet, and yes im very aware of the damage that this is doing. i did just have my liver and kidneys checked they are fine but thats not to say that it wont change sooner than later. the only detox center around that will accept medicaid never has an opeing, right now im on a waiting list, so as you see i truly want the help. just have very limited resources. then there is the question of what do i do with my girls when i go? my mom has allready said that she cant do it, and i have no other family even thier dad has no contact. i pray about this all the time. i want help so very badly and for the life of me cant figure out how i let myself get this bad to begin with. i am clinacly depressed and suicidel but that is still no excuse. thank you. hugs to you

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need help for your depression you addictions it is very hard One does not realize how quickly one can become dependent on these drugs. Can you not sign yourself into hospital for awhile just to get under control on a medical floor.
    Get your GP to help you wean off everything and get help for your depression at the same time. Your girls need their mom for ever they will suffer greatly if anything happen to you. Stay strong okay ask your GP if there is anyway he can admityou to hospital to get you some help.

5. drkangl

drkangl Active Member

i go tomorrow to talk to him about being admitted to medical detox. wish me luck. i know this is going to really be tough but i have to do it, even if im not that concerned for myself, my children still deserve me to be the best mommy i can be. they have been thru too much in their young lives having me as a mom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.