This is probably my last shot...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by josielovely, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josielovely

josielovely Member

hi everyone-
    I am Josie and I am 29 from the USA. I have spent the better part of my life in and out of psychiatric facilities. I have attempted to take my own life on several occasions, deal wih self-mutilation, and substance abuse issues. I have a horrific past of abuse in several forms. I feel like I am on my last leg here. I dont know what else to do as I feel my life is going to be this way forever. I have taken every med possible, been to more support groups than I care to count, spent thousands of hours and money visiting mental health professionals and feel like I am at my bottom. I dont know what else to do so I did a google search and found this place. I am 29 and yet my younger brother is 20 has accomplished more things than I ever have. I just dont know what to do anymore. I am afraid of everything including myself.

Please help.
    --Josie

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Josie, and welcome...please excuse the brevity of this response, as I am on fumes but did not want to let your post go unanswered...I am so glad you found us...there are many people here who have tried many services with varying effectiveness...for that, you sound very brave and resourceful...please PM me if I can support you...GN for now and I will check back to this thread later today...welcome again

3. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

Hey josielovely

Welcome to the site, so glad you found it here. I know you've said you have tried everything 'out their' but something will click. This is possibly a bit of a personal question and please excuse me if you find this rude. But do you have any mental diagnoses? Ect, anxiety, bipolar... Finding the underline stem of your suicidal feelings is what is needed. I see you speak about going through some abuse, possibly you have ptsd along side?

Don't worry about anyone else, your brother ... a friend ect. Everyone grows at different paces. Just because you aren't married doesn't make you any less of a person then him.

Please be safe,
    Sea

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi hun and to let you know lots of caring members here hun so i am glad you are here reaching out for support hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.