This is the World we Live In

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by ozinuk, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Sure is. Here in Sweden a guy was on probation for rape and during that time he raped another two girls, at the same time, again and again, during 16 hours at various locations during a car ride. Had he been tortured and executed after the first time, as I gladly would do all by myself to scum of the Earth like him, those two girls' lives had never been ruined. But as long as weak people see scum like him as victims, the only justice will come from honourable people that take the law into their own hands. The "authorities" can go fuck themselves as they are completely fucking useless.
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

If the punishment for rape was torture/execution, even MORE rapes would go unreported... and victims would be murdered after being raped so they can't talk.
  4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Maybe it could be a secret. :smile: They could be taken to a "rehabilitation" centre where a fully automatic system with robots would torture them to death. Not many would know, then, and justice could be served.
  5. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

The time you spend thinking of ways to torture others makes my uneasy.
  6. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I would advocate the use of torture in this situation as it is for the common good. However, time and time again, inefficiant, corrupt, underfunded and unmotivated police forces make so many mistakes. If it is totally and without any doubt at all, the accused is guilty, then let the torture begin. :jason:
  7. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I haven't told half. :laugh:
  8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I wish I could stand in front of the fat slob of a mother and punch her face in. I would also take her two white trash boyfriends and go through both their midsections with a chainsaw.
  9. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

But don't blame the whole world. Makes no more sense than the football fans who take credit for the atheletes win. There is evil in the world as well as good. It is the inevitable result of free will. All that each of us can do is to choose well, and to encourage those around us to live well, also.
  10. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I remember someone I worked with telling me about a young girl who was brought to the hospital by the police. The girl was about 3 years old, had a broken wrist and arm. Had a bold patch on the top of her head from her hair being pulled out, had a healed spiral fracture in one arm, never reset, had multiple other fractures in her legs, and arms. Had been rapped vaginally and anally.

She was found wondering down a back road in Upstate New York and just happened to be found by the police. At the house she said she lived a 12 year old girl was found and a 17 year old boy. The mother was arrested at her place of employment and no father was on record. Multiple arrests were made but no names were released.

The 3 year old was taken in by a psychiatric nurse who just was certified as a foster mother in New York. The girl was bright and engaging, hopefully she will be okay, the person who took her in will hopefully be able to keep her for a while and at least understands the psychological damage that has been done to this girl. Everyone at the hospital immediately fell in love with her and were just shocked that anyone could have done this things to the girl.
  11. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Please consider this as an addendum to the op's thread:

There is a movie called "Untraceable" in which the son of a suicide victim takes revenge on those involved in showing the suicide live on television.

He does so by setting up a 'game' of torture in which the people he captures will be executed and tortured based on the number of replies he receives on emails and cell views. As more people tune in to watch his game, called 'kill with me', the torture machine speeds up until the person finally dies.

The movie makes mention of the case of Daniel Pearle, the columnist who was beheaded by Al Quaeda, and is available for viewing on the internet. I have not seen it myself, but I understand it was highly viewed.

The movie is an indictment of a deteriorating society, void of social and moral values, and one in which people will tune in to watch these horrific acts.

Does anyone think that we, the people who watch these horrific crimes on the internet, are in some way responsible for promoting such videos and thereby contribute to the overall moral deterioration of society?
  12. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

What about the fact in the past people watched other people executed live? This still happens too.

Is it so sick to want to see a dead person? To see someone killed? Why? Why is it bad to see that? There is nothing twisted in witnessing something.

The world isn't "sicker now" than its been in the past. No one really remembers when Assyrians enslaved nations, raped, pillaged, burned and destroyed cities but they did. How about the Aztecs? I mean, this idea that someone humanity is now slipping into darkness is wrong. We, as a species, have always been open to murder or rape as viable options it is nothing new. Our fasination with death is nothing new either. Seeing death prooves that we are alive.

I watched someones throat be crushed, live. It is an event I will never forget and I don't know if the person survived.

Am I more fucked up for having seen that? Not really, what fucks me up is my own live and choices.

My point is this seeing something does not mean we immediately go out and do the thing, nor does it (necessarily in adult humans with no developmental problems) cause us to act more violently, or less compassionately. I made my qualifications because I'm not willing to go through the variants in my claim.
  13. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Not really, no. I doubt any religious extremist is going to stop killing innocent people just because their website doesn't generate as many hits as they'd like.

But when it comes to serial killers and school shootings you might have a point. When the media latches on to the latest teenage shooter, in effect becoming an unintentional propaganda machine, I feel that it does encourage further incidents.
  14. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Well Jack Rabbit we the people are the responsible for the safety and welfare of these children, these children come under the child services here's another that has come to light today what is the society coming to when children are abused but their parents/guardians and I think attributing blame on society and taking credit for a win in football cannot be compared.
  15. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Humans have always had a fascination with death and violence, something we're only just begining to understand and study. As noted, public executions (often gruesome, tortuous, and highly creative) were staples in numerous societies throughout the world and throughout history. I remember reading the nasty details of crowds roaring with excitement over being splashed with the blood of the accussed or how they'd gather around a stray cat being lowered into an open fire alive.

As humanity has progessed (socially and intellectually) and our standards of living have improved, this pasttime is becoming less and less prevelant than it used to be. The average person would be abhorred by seeing grisly displays of pain and death, and indeed most countries in this world have either banned capital punishment.

You'll always have sick people in this world, both perpetrating these crimes and enjoying them as entertainment. And you'll always have people simply inexplicably fascinated with some of the worst humanity has to offer. But we've come a long way since far worse times.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.