This is to the chat monitors...

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by FallingStar, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallingStar

FallingStar Member

Now, I don't want any negative criticism for this only constructive.
    It is late and ONLY a occuring thought

How many of you CM. Are going through stuff (like depression, suicidal thoughts, drinking problems etc.) like the members on here?

I know you guys are here mainly to keep people in line but, wouldnt it be helpful if you guys could relate to our problems too?

2. iceeblusmurf

iceeblusmurf Senior Member

they all are, they are just normal members that the staff feels are responsible enoough to keep people in line. but they are all just normal members who came to the site for the same reasons as everyone else.

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Like Smurf all the mods/admins/chat mods were all regular members. They were given the roles of staff after being nominated by other staff members. They aren't just given the role b/c they can.

Why make some a member of staff who couldn't understand depression/etc? In the end it wouldn't make any sense b/c they wouldn't be able to help or understand.

4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

you cant get to the chat from another site (as far as i know) so all members HAVE issues.

5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Yup, as has been said - all staff on here, being admin / snr mods / mods / CMs, we all were regular members who joined here for exactly the same reasons as everyone else did, because we were going through one hell of a time, with depression / suicidal feelings etc.

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yeah I still deal with it all every day. Of course I can relate. It's why I come here :heart:

7. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

I'm a bit late to the party, and I'm not a CM anymore, but I didn't come here just to be a CM, I came here just like any other member - I came here with problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.