This Is Un-freaking-believable

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Godsdrummer, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early on in my days here, I thought I had lost love forever. I thought, I would never even want to love again.

I have talked about this to some length in different forums but came to believe that I was a bad person and that I deserved to loose my wife and that I should never be allowed to find love again.

I didnt really think anything special of her, certainly she was just one among many of new friends I have made over the course of time.

But a funny thing happened the other day. We just started talking to each other.

I told her, that with my disease and the damage I caused my family with the alcoholism, that I didnt deserve another chance.

She told me, I deserved to be happy.

She lives 500+ miles from me. Yet she told me, that I am worth saving up her money for her to come and see me.

She has a very special heart. I am 42, and she is 32. We have hit it off famously and both of us are experiencing the same feelings when we talk to each other.

I think and this is the unbelievable part, that I may be at the beginning of a new relationship with an unbeliveably caring, kind and loving person. One that knows my faults and doesnt care. One that is willing to love me, just for me with all of my faults, and all this, before my divorce is even finalized.

I didnt go out to actively look for love, it just found me.

Stupid Cupid. :biggrin:

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

YEAH! That is so great to hear, I am so happy for you. I have seen your posts and have an idea of what she finds attractive about you so let the love in, all of it, you deserve it.

Thanks for sharing you give me hope!
    B

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

There is hope. Hell I was the most hopeless of the hopeless. I was lost, in the fog of a dry drunk, coupled with major depression, coupled with suicidal tendencies.

I was convinced that doom and death lurked around every corner. I think God was testing me. He wanted to bring me down, to remold me, if you will.

I had to shake away the stench of a bad relationship and all the demons I created in order to be ready. And when He deemed I was ready, He sent me an angel in human form.

I know....that I will be ok now. God has shown His love for me and will take care of me, until the time comes, when she can take over, and then I can take care of her too.

And if this crap can happen to me, IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY OF YOU!!!!

BUT PEOPLE, YOU HAVE TO STICK AROUND. IT CAN'T HAPPEN IF YOU ARE DEAD. For crying out loud, you never ever EVER know what tomorrow will bring. I am freaking living proof of that.

:laugh:

4. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

That's great =] Im really happy for you both and hope it all goes well

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thank You So Much Pad!!!!!

6. NotSureAnymore

NotSureAnymore Well-Known Member

That's great! Love is awesome. xxx

Mannnnnn if love was bottled up in jars and sold at the grocery store, I'd buy a life time supply of it :laugh: I'd be hoarding the hell out of those jars.