This is why I don't want to live anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sugo, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugo

sugo New Member

Hello, I'm 24 years old male. I'm finishing my economic studies in about a year and I really don't see how it's gonna help my in my life but whatever, it's not the main problem. Basically my problem is that I've never had a girlfriend in my whole life, my social life almost doesn't exist, few years ago I had quite a few friends and suddenly everyone just vanished, I was never an asocial person but I've always had problem meeting new people it doesn't come easy for me. Now I have only one good friend and that's all. I don't see how the whole situation can be changed, I know that I will never find a girlfriend. all of that because I'm ashamed of myself. I'm only 5'6 everyone is looking at me like I'm a freak, I know that's the reason why my life sucks. I hate going out and watching all these happy couples in love they are everywhere, and normal people it makes me more and more dejected. Also my family, everyone thinks that I'm gay, that something wrong is with me I can't count on any support from them, they see that everyday I'm more depressed and their only advice is go to a shrink.
    So, if nothing's gonna change this year I'm planning to do it on my birthday which is 7 months from now, seems like the best occasion you can possibly imagine.

Sorry for my terrible English, forums like this one are not quite legal in my country.

2. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Firstly, your English seems fine to me. A lot better than most people that I've seen who were born in the U.S, for that matter. Secondly, have you ever tried seeing a therapist? If not, you may want to try that before deciding on something permanent like suicide. If you've never been diagnosed, see a doctor and find out your diagnosis and then go from there. Depending on what your diagnosis is, there are many other doctors out there who specialize in various disorders and problems who may be able to help you better than just a general therapist/psychiatrist.

Why do you think you will never have a girlfriend? If you're anti-social or have social anxiety and trouble meeting people, I would try an online dating site. I have severe social anxiety, so I've always met my romantic partners online, and it's worked out for me. As for being 5'6, that's not really as big of a deal as you may think. My fiance is only 5'5, and I'm 5'3, so it works for me. You just need to find someone shorter or of the same height as you. A lot of girls are short so it shouldn't be too much of a problem finding one who is.

I don't get much support from my family either, so I've learned to just ignore them and/or stay away from them when they say derrogatory things that make me feel bad. If your family is the kind that won't change their behavior no matter how much you try to explain to them that what they say hurts you, then ignoring them is the best thing that you can do for yourself in that case.

The fact that you're finishing your economic studies is a wonderful thing, and you seem to underestimate how much of an accomplishment that really is. A lot of people with mental illnesses aren't able to function in or go to school at all. So, it's a great thing that you're able to pursue your studies even though you have a mental disorder/s. So, please continue your studies. You are bound to find a job in the future in your current field if you keep pursuing it.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sorry that you feel all alone...you won't feel that way here. You shouldn't worry about what other people say and think about you. It only matters how you feel about yourself. It's none of their business who you date. I hope you don't do it and stay and talk to us so we can help :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.