This isn't helping

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by StarryNightSky, Nov 20, 2010.

1. StarryNightSky

StarryNightSky Well-Known Member

I had a trojan on my computer :sad: don't know how long I've had it, or where it came from. What if they stole a credit card number? What if I have to reinstall my operating system and lose everything I have on here? What if they're using my computer to do illegal things, and I get in trouble for it? I'm already very close to giving up, the stress is pushing closer to the edge.

What if they've gone through all my personal stuff? My drawings, poem, music???

I hate feeling I hate breathing life I hate living!!!!

2. oval

oval Well-Known Member

they will most likely not care about someone's personal stuff. they do it alot so your not the only computer theyve invaded. even if they did, they dont know you and cant do anything with the info anyway. if your really concerned about your credit card, you can have it locked. i honestly am far from understanding how it works with ip adresses and that stuff. do you have a program installed for internet security? it should terminate them ^^ if you dont, make sure to get one asap! when you shop online they can spy on your bank information easily. i had it happen to me.
    dont open emails from people you dont know bc even that can give them access to your computer from what ive heard. and maybe get an external hard drive so you can make a backup for all your files :) just in case

3. StarryNightSky

Thank you, not feeling as anxious as last night. Was kind of panicky...

Have an anti virus program, but the people online recommended reinstalling windows. Hoping they didn't get the card number, it's not on my computer, but the password to an online store account is. The card number is in there.

4. oval

oval Well-Known Member

if you do a backup for all your files on a external hard drive you could reinstall windows and putt your files back on it. or would you have to delet them incase theyre contaminated? i dont know too much about computers im just guessing :confused: ^^

5. StarryNightSky

Yeah, I think if there's still a virus, it'll save it to the hard drive too.