This isolation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

Is killing me. I thought I'd go to an NA meeting tonight, but it was too far. I stayed in and isolated some more. Was able to talk to a friend of mine today.

Anyway, for those of you who may be familiar with my situation, I passed a number of classes in my career training school. I've had the most productive term yet. But still, when I contact medical transcription jobs, they slam the door in my face - need 3 years experience, need more knowledge and so on. I genuinely feel that trying and struggling is for morons.

Sometimes I'm afraid I'll wind up in a mental ward, or worse, a prison. I can see myself violently acting out against an employer who forces my nose in the shit I was trying to escape from years ago. Bullshit office politics, et cetera. The older I get, the more people scare me.

The only benefits to getting old is realizing you have less things to worry about. I don't feel the urge to please anyone except myself and a few close friends. I will not bend over backwards and lick out some assholes for the purpose of a salary increase. I can feel myself slowly slipping away from society, but that makes me calmer. I have no family at all. It's easier for the ones who have vanished and harder for the ones left behind.

Esmeralda

I know how you feel. I have a Master's degree in French and NO experience, so I can only get an entry-level job. But it works. Take the job that you think is beneath you and you will rise to the top. My hubby has no degree, took a shit entry-level job and now he is making really good money only a few years later. It blows to work for people who you feel are not as smart as you, but you will excel quickly and it will be worth it. Hang in there!

pit

Are you saying to take a shit level entry job not in my field, work hard at that, and I will rise to the top? Sorry, that's not gonna work for me. I need to work in the field I studied for. I appreciate your advice, but years ago, I worked my ass off, and it got me nowhere.

And I certainly don't want to work for a person like that crazy old black lady in your picture, or wind up like her either!:rolleyes:

Shadowlands

SF Hugger Extraordinaire
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have a phd and either I'm too qualified or not having experience enough. If you ask me don't go for a doctoral degree! In fact, don't study at all. Go straight to work when you get out of high school! Companies only appreciate hard experience -knowledge is worthless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00