This just in- why click it if you're not gonna post?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by pither, Aug 13, 2009.

1. pither

pither Well-Known Member

You know what I can't stand, when your thread has a good 10-15 views and not a single person posts- I mean why even waste your time clicking it? Scanning over it? Honestly I'm a fair writer, I'm not incoherent or anything and I make solid points. I don't understand what the problem is here. I normally check the little sneak peak thing to see if I'd even have something to say, but why click if you're not gonna fucking do anything? Geez it drives me up the fucking wall.

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

There is always the possibility that some people read it and aren't sure on how to reply at that exact moment so they plan on coming back to post when they know what to say. thats just one possibility.

3. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I often click a thread with the intention to reply, but have found that somebody else has made the point I wanted to make, and often expresses it better or more humanistically.

4. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

well I read but do not always have something usefull to say..
    and something i dont wanna be number 3423847823 who says: please get some help

I usually reply if noone hasnt yet, just to let people know that people are reading what they write..

and something i dont understand the situation

its nothing personal

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I often read threads without replying simply because I just haven't got a clue what to say to them.. :sad:

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

There are many times I read a thread but don't reply, either because I don't know what to say, or because there are already tons and tons of replies.

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

There are so many reasons. But at the very least you should take some comfort in knowing that others have read it, and now someone else is aware of what you are dealing with. I always do the little preread as well. And sometimes when I read the rest of the post I find what I thought was going to be helpful, wouldnt be. Or like others have said someone else has responded with the same advice. Sometimes just a certain phrase or word in a thread can trigger me. So I have to leave it alone. Some people may read it with no intentions of answering but your title may have brought them hopes that someone else is going through what they are and reading it may bring them some advice or support. Like I said in the beginning, you have a thread, 2 people replied but 18 people read it. Atleast others are taking the time to read it and now others know, when you may have felt like no one else in the world cared to.

8. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

My reason for not always posting is what some of the others here have already said--if I don't feel like I have anything useful or helpful to say then I won't say anything at all. Other times I see that someone has already made the same point I would have so to avoid being redundant, I just read and move on. Sometimes for me, it's hard to see things in a positive light and I wouldn't want to say anything that would bring someone further down than they already were so no post if that's the case...

9. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

I basically just want to say that my reasons for not always posting when i have read a post are for many of the same reasons already posted above,its not always easy to find the words and i certainly wouldn't want to make a bad situation any worse for anyone

10. Josh3232

Josh3232 New Member

This, unfortunately...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
  11. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

Maybe the person just doesn't know what to say or doesn't have any knowledge about the particular subject, but would like to learn more about it.
    I think it's there choice to wanna read something or not.
    It's better to not say anything, then to say the wrong things.

12. CPessimist

CPessimist Well-Known Member

yea... just like a lot of people said there's no point in posting if you can't be helpful, I read a thread and if I can't think of anything that is nice or relevant to say I just read through it and move on.

13. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Yep.. don't know what to say.. what I've wanted to say has been said... I just lost the motivation to stay sitting upright let alone type out a reply...

14. shades

shades Staff Alumni

When I first came here I had the exact same question. It is the nature of this site for the reasons already stated. Please know that I will listen to anything you have to say. Feel free to send me a private message any time.

15. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I read a lot of threads then don't have anything to add so I don't post. Big whoopity do.