This may trigger

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Everymedhasfailed, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Everymedhasfailed

Everymedhasfailed Active Member

Hi all,

I hope you are all well and would just like to preface this message by saying that if you have a personal experience of cancer in your family, please do not read on...

Cancer is a horrific disease and I would never wish it on any person or their family. There are those out there who do not understand the degenerative nature of this vile condition and they speak about it as if it were nothing. Just another illness, another thing which people get.

My family has been desimated by the terrible disease, with two of my aunties and my grand-father having been welcomed to the other side by it's grip. I just recieved a phone call from my mother and she has told me that my aunt in San Francisco is now on life support after a three month struggle, fighting this condition. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of her lung lining back in January and had been suffering from the symptoms for 6 months prior to her diagnosis.

She is one of the most inspirational women in my life and to lose her will be devastating, but the next 24-hours are going to be critical. She has diabetes also and for the last two weeks, was unable to gain any form of nutrient due to the sickness caused by her chemotherapy. This caused her to become severley hypoglycaemic and was hospitalised a week ago. Following a suspected bowel obstruction she had a colonoscopy and her breathing failed, and this has led her to be on life support currently.

I hope she pulls through but it is unlikely. I just do not want her to become another statistic of this terrible disease. I will try to book a flight to go and visit but I doubt I will be able to make it soon enough. I just have a horrible feeling that the time I can fly over, will be to lay flowers at her grave.

Thanks for reading and I hope this did not trigger anything for anybody, because that is the last thing which I would want to happen.

With hope,

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Chris,

I'm really sorry to hear how this disease has plagued your family. I wish the best for your auntie and hope that she can pull through and that you are able to see her soon too.