this morning

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by someguy24, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. someguy24

someguy24 Well-Known Member

I got to think about how some people have everything, love, health, wealth, and purpose, and how I have nothing but a body of disease and pain, and an unsound mind, an unfulfilled life. But hey, I could cry a little and think about how god curses me and blesses others, how hopeless I am, thinking about death, what a blessed morning! I got to think about how god supposedly transforms some peoples suffering into others peoples joys and blessings, but somehow its all my fault, if I where a little more positive god would also bless me right? My physical pain is so bad my hands and neck twitch. But hey, its not that bad somehow, somehow it just isnt right?

I'm sorry I'm so insufferable right now.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are suffering so hun wish i could take some of the pain away Hugs to you
  3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Try to hang in there Someguy - Hopefully uou'll find some comfort & support here at SF
  4. someguy24

someguy24 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot folks.
  5. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Hi. Guess your pains are being treated as well as the doctors can do.

Maybe a review of your illness is due though. You may find improvement that way.

And keep posting so we can support you here.
  6. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're not feeling well right now, I wish I had something to make you feel better. You are absolutely NOT insufferable; this is what we're all here for, right? To support each other.

And God will bless you any time; He loves you even when you're feeling defeated. Keep your eyes open and hang in there. I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling SO much better. :hug:
  7. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

I just want to say that many of the people here suffer with those same defeated feelings. So far as God and what he does/does not bless.... as far as what I have read in the bible (and for me, its only God and the bible I believe in, not religion -- but again, that is me)... he blesses anyone that believes in him, he also blesses all children... he does not differentiate based upon your set of circumstances or anything else that you may be able to visibly see or any of the judgementalisitc views that we as humans pass on each other... only that that he looks upon is your belief or non belief and your age (in so far as it may affect your ability to freely believe or not ... ) I believe also, that sometimes he blesses non-believers in an effort to make himself noticed to them. Also, it doesn't matter to him if you have small belief or total belief, so long as you have belief. Here are some of the quotes that i refer to in the bible:

Matthew 17:20
    And He *said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Mark 9:23
    And Jesus said to him, " `If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."

Matthew 21:21-22
    And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

John 14:12-14
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Mark 5:34
    And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Luke 18:42
    And Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has made you well."

Luke 18:16
    But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

Then there is what is known as "the beautitudes" listed in Matthew 5:3-12

[SUP]3 [/SUP]“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    [SUP]4 [/SUP]Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
    [SUP]5 [/SUP]Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
    [SUP]6 [/SUP]Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
    [SUP]7 [/SUP]Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
    [SUP]8 [/SUP]Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
    [SUP]9 [/SUP]Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.
    [SUP]10 [/SUP]Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

[SUP]11 [/SUP]“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. [SUP]12 [/SUP]Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
    (quoted from )

This is not all said in order to offend those that may not believe in God, but rather to discourage someguy24 from continuing to beat himself/herself up for thinking somehow everything is his/her fault because perhaps he/she has not earned the blessings of God or in someway has let God down. If you look to the bible, that simply is not possible. Another quote to support that is this one:

Romans 3:23
    for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

this verse simply means, that all of us are full of erroneous ways, and God still loves you, and me, and everyone else too... this same chapter of the bible clarifies the only say he would be dismissive of any of us.... and thats basically, if we choose to dismiss him by non belief.

You can see this when reading verses 9-31 of this chapter .. here they are in their whole:

[SUP]9 [/SUP]What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. [SUP]10 [/SUP]As it is written:
    “There is no one righteous, not even one;
    [SUP]11 [/SUP] there is no one who understands;
    there is no one who seeks God.
    [SUP]12 [/SUP]All have turned away,
    they have together become worthless;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one.”[SUP][b][/SUP]
    [SUP]13 [/SUP]“Their throats are open graves;
    their tongues practice deceit.”[SUP][c][/SUP]
    “The poison of vipers is on their lips.”[SUP][d][/SUP]
    [SUP]14 [/SUP] “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”[SUP][e][/SUP]
    [SUP]15 [/SUP]“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
    [SUP]16 [/SUP] ruin and misery mark their ways,
    [SUP]17 [/SUP]and the way of peace they do not know.”[SUP][f][/SUP]
    [SUP]18 [/SUP] “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”[SUP][g][/SUP]

[SUP]19 [/SUP]Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

[SUP]21 [/SUP]But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. [SUP]22 [/SUP]This righteousness is given through faith in[SUP][h][/SUP] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, [SUP]23 [/SUP]for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, [SUP]24 [/SUP]and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. [SUP]25 [/SUP]God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[SUP][i][/SUP] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— [SUP]26 [/SUP]he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
    [SUP]27 [/SUP]Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. [SUP]28 [/SUP]For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. [SUP]29 [/SUP]Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, [SUP]30 [/SUP]since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. [SUP]31 [/SUP]Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

(quoted from )

I do not know the reasons for your suffering... I do not know if they are genetic, or manifested, or caused by something physical, or some trauma you endured... but I know that there is hope for you and for all of us, if you (and the rest of us) choose to accept it. I am not solely referring to God or the bible when I make that statement. I am also referring to medical advice, and to dietary changes and to psychiatrists and counselors and to other kinds of treatments that are available... as well as the vast span of knowledge available for research on the internet. You can use the knowledge you find on the internet, and that you learn from the various other sources, to find the thing that works best for you. Do not allow yourself to remain focused on self-blame or self-hate, as that does nothing to help you find the solutions, and generally only worsens the pain... instead try to push past it, and realize that perhaps there are other reasons for what you are feeling/thinking other than what you are currently seeing. Then begin the search to find the answers...

I wish you well, please be good to yourself.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  8. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi SomeGuy24, please keep posting as it's important to help each other.
  9. Lonely83

Lonely83 Active Member

You are not alone, I always think about death first thing in the morning as well, and the status we are in, things that happened to us that lead us who we are now, I would think maybe this is my fate
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.