This must be that odd calm...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheWr0ngChild, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

When you really can think clearly about the choices you want to make, no worry, no fear, even a little happiness is thrown in the mix. The thought that you WILL die one day and that none of us are imortal. Whatever you chose to do with your life is just a waste. None of it matters when death comes to collect our debts.

It would be so easy for me right now, it really would. I've been waiting for a space like the way I feel atm.

2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

I suppose it feels that way now but still hang in there! Life is life. You are supposed to live it. :hug:

3. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

There are few things more fundamentally encouraging than fully realising and accepting that we all die. However, that isn't a reason to commit suicide. With such knowledge, you can take each moment as it comes, and view reality in it's entirety.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is true that all life comes to an end eventually, but that end is the one that comes with the natural progression of life, not by ones own choice. I am glad you have found a feeling of calmness and even a bit of happiness. This feeling can continue. It doesn't have to end if your life continues. I hope you make the decision to go on with life. It will be worth it in the long run. :hug:

5. ToddMAdl

ToddMAdl Well-Known Member

I agree completely. I'm too scared to die even though I've had millions of thoughts for the last several years. I don't want it to end now because that truly means my life was shitty. I'll be furious though if there's nothing after life. I'd rather not be born than go through that.

6. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

somehow those thoughts make some things a little too easy, but it doesn't mean to succum to 'em. please hang on. please stay safe, and please continue to share. share maybe why you're thinkin' this way other than this. just a thought.

7. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your kindness. *hug

I should be ok if I carry on getting decent sleep lol

8. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I know there is that feeling, of thinking that rationally death is probably the end of your life. I went through a stage of denial of death and completely ignoring it, but then your mind wraps around this fantasy that that means you must go through with it to end the despair of thinking your life is over- when it's not.
    To me at least I think of myself as too out there. I need to become more in touch with who I am inside. Because I have naturally an intuitive mind, that helps, when culture has a profound effect on our minds and how we view life.

What keeps me going is I am constantly discovering more about the world, life, myself, and once that barrier or threshold is passed- it can almost feel like you are immortal. When you surrender to self-love and choose to overwhelm yourself with spiritual power. It reveals how truly beautiful life is.
    I had wanted to be immortal, then I read something which just grabbed me, it was a poem or something in a book, it just made me think- death is so much a part of this life as life is a part of you and growing up.

Either I could give in now or I could live and keep learning, whether my choice be that or this. I think it matters, but You matter the most. Self- love goes before anything else. But that is also a bit of my spiritual background too. I just know that I am not numb to death, but have overcome my suicidal thoughts, realizing that I am too happy or satisfied or just naturally...learned to believe in life and yet not deny death as part of it.

I hope this helps...I am just giving my all with my thoughts on this.

9. Undone

Undone Active Member

I both long for & fear such a moment of realization. I don't know how things will look for me from that angle & what decision I'll make. But any moment of clear contentment is almost welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.