This post needs stickying.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I found this post on here from last year and its been closed but i think it needs saying again so everyone else can see it, seeing its what i also think.

I'm really fed up with the attitudes on SF where they feel the need to think that everyone is supposed to bend over backwards for them when they are in "Crisis". Did you ever stop to think that everyone on this damn site is in crisis, hence why they are here? People cannot help everyone at every point in their lives. We're not here to baby you, coddle you and/or hold your hand through your whole life. The point is it's your life. You need to make some choices on your own and if you mess up or slip up, pick yourself up and try it all over again. That is the name of the game isn't it. I have many friends on this site that I have helped and love very much and I will NOT let them get trampled on the way some have.

To the people who insist on belittling, beating down and making the staff feel less than they are. Cut the shit. Maybe if you haven't realize before they became "red or green" they were just like us. They still are just like us so get off your moral high ground and shut the hell up already. Their job is to make sure the site is a safe place for all to come, not to babysit and help you suck your thumb. This site is supposed to help people not make them feel worse and the shit I've seen lately has both made me hate this site and wish it would shut down all at once. Sadly I need this site still even though I hate it so much.

There is no need to make staff or anyone else feel less than they are. There is no need to butt your noses into fights, arguments or even serious discussions. It's not about you, it doesn't concern you, so stay the hell out of it. I love how so many people are willing to pinpoint and target others for their issues, downfalls and mistakes but aren't willing to step up and own up to their own. It's funny that you can sit there and say "well a mod did this and a mod did that" What about you complaining about every little thing they do wrong? Guess what?! People make mistakes, people don't catch everything, people MESS UP! There's no need to go throw a wobbly and post in the main forum about chat. CHAT AND FORUM ARE TWO DIFFERENT PLACES. Keep your damn drama about chat in ltm because frankly no one on the board wants to hear your "wah wah everyone hates me no one loves me. this person said that to this person" kind o fbullshit. We're here trying ot get support not listen to you bitch like a hyena.

Now my next issue. If a thread has nothing to do with you, if you weren't even around to see what happened then stay the fuck out of it. I find it all too funny that certain people still feel the need to take digs at members when their friend is involved. Quite frankly you got her/his side of the story which of course could be utter bullshit and completely misconstrued. So you make yourself look like an ass by making comments you know nothing about. Also pointing out something and you know who you are. You are the last person who should be talking about fighting with girlfriends on the forum/chat. Aren't you the one who had like 2,000 girlfriends on this site and stalked and belittled each one everytime they split with you. That's kinda calling someone out on a small scale when yours seems to be on the large scale of things. Don't call people out on shit unless you want your dirty laundry aired as well.

Last issue...this place was once a safe haven for people to come to. It was once a place where people could go into chat and talk about their problems and not be screamed at, not be told to take it elsewhere and mostly listened to. They were helped not ridiculed. They were helped not pushed over the edge. So instead of nitpicking at every little flaw or fault people have why not help...isn't that what this fuckin' site is about..or have we all reduced it to a bickering pile of bullshit.

Think about it before you go and shit on other people. They are just as bad off as you. Get your head out of your ass.

nuff said

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

The chat room on any forum is where the biggest misunderstandings come from. Not everyone is in the same mood, or looking for the same thing.

In chat, we cannot see and hear each other, which is how we get our social clues of what people mean.

I have learned that the mood I'm in is how I'm going to perceive what I read online.

For this reason, when I'm down, I stay out of chat, unless I'm looking to read the fun things people talk about.

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

:laugh: Sticky it for what? That bitchin' ain't rare.

4. Kaos General

I just though it was a very good post that was all

5. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

did u not wounder why it was closed in the first place?? just a thought!

6. Kaos General

Because an argument ensued relating to something completely off topic

7. greyroses

greyroses Well-Known Member

Man....epic to quote lol!
    I have many friends on this site that I have helped and love very much and I will NOT let them get trampled on the way some have.---> I find it all too funny that certain people still feel the need to take digs at members when their friend is involved. Quite frankly you got her/his side of the story which of course could be utter bullshit and completely misconstrued.
    (?)
    I'm really fed up with the attitudes on SF where they feel the need to think that everyone is supposed to bend over backwards for them when they are in "Crisis".--->It was once a place where people could go into chat and talk about their problems and not be screamed at, not be told to take it elsewhere and mostly listened to. They were helped not ridiculed. They were helped not pushed over the edge. So instead of nitpicking at every little flaw or fault people have why not help...isn't that what this fuckin' site is about..or have we all reduced it to a bickering pile of bullshit.
    (?)
    Doesnt it all eventually break down to this being a forum/chat which means essentially open social interaction with others? you dont get to decide what you want to hear or when. You dont control others responses, only your own. One behavior that benefits one party may harm another party (inevitable). Noone is ever going to be perfectly happy, there will always be conflict and frustration. If you can deal with it do, if you cant, dont sign in until you are up for it.
    Basically...you are kind of doing what you just ranted about I think...

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

People belittle the staff? I think the mods have more than enough power to defend themselves in such case. No need to babysit them. To be honest, the belitting usually comes from the side you're trying to defend. Ever tried to disagree with a mod? I had and got an infraction. No, i'm not making this up. In fact, i might get one just for writing this...

You know i like you Wayne, so don't take this the wrong way, but your rant is full of oxymorons.

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Similar thread closed because of the potential for flaming. This thread is closed as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.