This seems to help

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Fredericks, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this or if I'm gonna get scolded for suggesting it, but I've drafted two different suicide notes over the past three days, and each time, I've felt better.
    It makes you think about what's important to you, who you want to say things to, what those things are, etc. Thinking of it as your last document, the thing people will remember you for, makes you think hard about your wording, organization, etc. How much of your life story do you want to put in? How much of your feelings do you want to share? Do you want any of your possessions kept or given away? What do you want them to do with your body? Where will they find your body? Practical things, emotional things, etc.
    I think I've written four in my life so far: sometimes, I'm angry and blame everyone, sometimes I say it's something that's been a long time coming, sometimes I just ramble. But each time I write it, I have to think hard, and I have a good cry, and I have something tangible, the fruits of some labor (recently, I've just been sitting around ridiculously depressed).
    Some danger: you probably won't want to save these if you're using them as exercises in meditation or the like. I live alone and don't share my computer with anyone, but I deleted the last one and don't yet know what to do with this one.

Has anyone else tried this? Does it seem to help? Have they been found D: ?
  2. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I've written a suicide note before. I do think it does help to a degree however I was really close to killing myself with a gun... It's scary, and the note did get found, and I ended up going through a lot of counseling. I believe this is in the correct forum because it's definitely uncertain, and it doesn't always work for everyone. I believe that a suicide note is like venting to a degree, but of course that's the fear behind it that you could kill yourself. I'm glad that you shared this because I've done suicide notes in the past - at least only one of them was found. There was other's where I wrote them because I felt like I wanted to die... I eventually destroyed them though --- so, I can't really look back on them. At least your finding some light from using suicide notes - even thought that's a gray area does it help or not. My suicide notes if I remember correctly were filled with lots of despair and anger... I was upset and I dealt with lots of self hate and anger because of my mothers death. Of course this happened when I was really young so I was more in shock during the beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.