This site is nothing but a huge click

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lotr2012, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotr2012

lotr2012 Active Member

i come to this site frequently for help. and someone to talk to. but its just a huge click. and if you are not a member of this group of get ignored. this includes site members and staff. moderators are a joke. they speak with a select few poeple. and if your not one of them you get ignored. several times tonight i needed to talk to someone about my suicide plan and get talked out of it...but i was ignored every single time.
  2. Vannie

Vannie Member

Hey there message me I will listen to you :)
  3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I saw you in chat. It seemed like you were having conversations there, to me. I'm sorry you felt ignored.
  4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Hi... I'm sorry you feel that way. Sometimes people aren't in good places themselves. Or there could be many other reasons for others not responding but in my time here I've not found it to be as you describe.

I know there have been times when I felt so alone and that no one was there for me, and by there I mean here at sf. But in times of distress we need help immediately sometimes and unfortunately at those times this may not be the best place. Rather, reaching out to other immediate sources of help may be more beneficial.

There are many resources/links on this site for where to call, email or similar. Alternatively perhaps try chat here if you need to talk with someone immediately.

Please don't give up on this site, or if you find it too triggering or upsetting perhaps another source of support would be preferable.

Take care of yourself.
  5. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader Well-Known Member

i feel the same way at times, i post stuff when i am at the brink of suicide and nobody cares to respond, i guess i am not worthy for these people
  6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

You must realise that everyone on this site, from the members (including Forum Buddies and Chat Buddies) to the moderators and administrators - everyone is here for one reason or another and each have their own things to do battle with. Some days it is difficult to find someone to talk to - it is inevitable anywhere you go, on-line or in the Real World that you will be ignored by others, but just because some people do not talk to you, it does not mean that they are doing it on purpose. You have to take into consideration that they also are finding things in their own lives as difficult as you are right now and caught up in that, that they speak with people they have already formed a bond with.
    Posting negative comments like this on the forums hurts your cause; it only serves to alienate you for everyone to the point where people will begin to ignore you because of your attitude. When things get bad for you, post about it in a forum topic, speak about it in detail about what t is and why and how you feel that way and, although you might not get a reply immediately, you will always get people who will come on and lend a hand of guidance and/or support if they are able.

I too feel that way at times, and also do not find that anyone replies or the replies posted are short and not all that helpful, but never once should you think that you are not worthy of any person; thoughts like that only give power to your depression.
  7. Vannie

Vannie Member

I've sent the person a message and they haven't even responded
  8. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

We had a long one-on-one conversation on chat PM yesterday. As everyone else has mentioned, there are times people are on chat but are distracted, or away, or in the middle of a crisis, or having issues themselves, or "afk," or other, etc. Come on over to chat any time, I'm always open to chatting with you.
  9. frantic

frantic Well-Known Member

i must say, i have to agree with it. i feel that way most of the time too.
  10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you too are feeling left out hun please know you can always pm anyone of us ok if you need someone to talk to you hugs
  11. total eclipse

Hugs to you too hun same goes you can pm any one of us and we will do our best hun to help hugs
  12. lakenb

lakenb Active Member

hey, message me sometime i will always try my best to help. its true that this place just like everyother has its owns groups, but people here always allow people in, you just have to say something very loudly sometimes which can be hard. just go to the chat or something and tell someone whats happening private message the if you have to, but if you try you can be heard and you can 'fit in' here. it takes effort though just like with everything else, just hang in there im always here for you to!
  13. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader Well-Known Member

how about someone reading my post and trying to give something back? its like my words dont matter. YES i get that everyone else is having issues, then what is the point of this website if EVERYONE is on the brink of suicide?
  14. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

The point is a "peer-to-peer" support network. There are already other avenues for professional help from people who are not depressed or suicidal. I think this site provides a wonderful niche service that does not exist anywhere else. That's just my opinion, but I know that a lot of people would rather discuss their issue with peers rather than with therapists/doctors. I don't think this should replace the professionals... but it surely provides another tool to work toward wellness.
  15. frantic

frantic Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I was thinking. What good is a website for support if no one is able to give support due to their own issues.

It is just incredibly frustrating when I reach out asking for help and no one cares. It doesn't help with the whole I don't matter thing.
  16. total eclipse

I looked at your post and everyone has responded to them except last one you just made hun you gave them no time to respond This is just flaming this whole thread if you do not feel supported here i am sorry but we as staff do best we can i am closing this thread now because it is not supporting anyone.
  17. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

There are lots of us here that are willing to offer support. If you need to talk and other avenues of gaining support haven't worked, maybe try sending a PM to someone, or start a thread in the Buddy forum.
  18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I've just seen this thread, I cannot speak for anyone else only myself so I will say this.. I do my best to welcome members (new members plus regular members), always. My PM box is open to anyone who wants/needs to talk. I think it is fair to say that people will not instantly come to you, just like in real life, you have to make an effort too. Now I do understand that you said you reached out but as was already said, other members and even staff members can be in their own crisis at times. Moderators are just normal members too who were chosen to look over the forum or chat or both. Bottom line is if you feel you are in need of peer to peer support by all means post here and explain that you are feeling isolated, I am sure someone from our thousands of warm hearted members will reply, however we are not a substitute for professional support. Ringing your local crisis team might help.
  19. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oops-I do apologize, I only saw now that the thread was locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.