This world is so unfair.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by hospital, Aug 29, 2007.

1. hospital

hospital Guest

I was cleaning out my apartment today when i spotted a homeless guy on the street outside of my window. He was trying to sell this magazing that they print for the homeless to sell to make some money on their own in a good clean way. Anyway, what really broke my heart was when I saw him spot a half smoked cigarette on the ground. He looked around to make sure no one was looking, then he kicked the cig into the corner behind him, bent down, picked it up and lit it. It just struck a nerve. That guy was about 30 years old, not too shabby-looking, but with a real sad and bitter look on his face. He seemed so very lonely. And here am I, with a family who loves me, a good salary, three meals a day.. And still I don't wan't to live. It makes me so fucking SICK of myself.

2. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that's life. I hate to see it myself too, and would love to do anything to help them but there's not much we can do to help. I give money whenever I can, though.

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Don't be hard on yourself. Just because you have a roof over your head and 3 meals a day, doesn't mean your not allowed to experience pain and suffering. We all do regardless of our status and where we are in life.

The thing is as well, some homeless people only have themselves to blame while others are genuine and through mis-fortune have ended up on the streets.

The world can be harsh and unforgiving but it also has a more brighter and kinder side to it as well.

4. thebiggestlie

thebiggestlie Member

Yes, the world is unfair; but are you personally to blame for being born into a more priveleged life than the homeless man?
    No.
    But I feel the same as you every time I see a homeless person...it just puts everything into perspective.
    But in the end, everybody hurts, regardless of social stance. *hug*

5. hospital

hospital Guest

You guys are both right. But still, I feel like shit. I should have went outside to offer the man a fresh cigarette, have had one myself, and asked him how he was. But I got all choked up and had to look away. I felt so ashamed.

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. At least you take notice of these sorts of things and that you are aware. I'm sure the more genuine homeless people appreciate that.

7. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I did the same thing as he did when I was homeless. I now have a roof over my head and food yet I'm still suicidal. Everyone has problems in different ways, some worse than others. Don't be so hard on yourself.

8. hospital

hospital Guest

I'm glad I found this forum. I don't really have anyone else to talk to about these things. Thanks guys.

9. thebiggestlie

thebiggestlie Member

Well that gives you a goal for next time you see the same man or someone like him then :] With hundreds of people walking by every day pretending not to notice, I'm sure one who was actually interested in who they were and what their story was would be more appreciated than a 5c coin tossed into their lap.
    Conversations with strangers are often the best ones.
    :]