this world

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LostMyMind, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

From my limited experience living in the land of the fat and ignorant (America) I have grown an overwhelming hatred for this world. I can't stand society. Work for 40 years or so and then try to enjoy life once you are decrepit. Everything revolves around money, materialism and media. Finding genuine people to confide in here seems nearly impossible.

Is it the same everywhere? I'd rather die than live paycheck to paycheck until my youth is gone.

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's the same in any 1st world country. I guess in the lesser developed world, there more lies and greediness.

Any where you go in the world, it's hard to find genuine people. Being genuine is an under-rated and under estimated quality as well as being very rare.

3. mike308

mike308 Well-Known Member

There are "REAL PEOPLE" that actualy do have brains and feel the way do you do...
    I am one of them...
    America isn't that "BAD"... most of THEM are just trying to make a living, and raise their families.
    Working is what you make of it... GOOD, BAD, INDEFERANT... Just a car payment, rent, beer money.
    What's going with you???
    Why do you feel so alianated??

4. Mew

Mew Active Member

Spent four years in America and I enjoyed it on the whole. Met some of the best peeps (genuine, caring) I've ever known and my best friend's an American, so I wouldn't say America's the land of the fat and lazy :) Society may be messed up (even here, and it's as un-American as they get), there are enough decent peeps out there.

As for the whole working thing, it's like that here too though I wish I could join the treadmill. Being unemployed and virtually unemployable isn't doing much to improve my mood :p

5. shadi_saleh

shadi_saleh Active Member

We have to try and make it in this crude and often cruel world. Everybody is hungry. Everybody is fighting. Some just choose to take paths which rational and scrupulous people dare not trod on.

6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I totally agree with you.
    Why do we live?
    we live to work and get money, everything we go revolves around money. We go to school, uni whatever to get an education, to make money. Many of us just spend our lives working and worrying about money. We work 9 to 5 weekdays and have 2 days off a week? to what recover from the work?

It is stupid such a stupid and boring way to live. I hate money and hate how everything revolves aorund money :(

7. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I feel so out of place in this world. Everything seems wrong. The more I get into history the more I dislike about us. Greed is now normal.

Maybe it's just me..
    I've grown increasingly bitter over the past year.

8. MrBill

MrBill Active Member

I agree with you Lost... that seems to be all the world is about. our government has become a government of the wealthy by the wealthy and for the wealthy, along with big corporations, etc. Those of us in the middle class or lower are just worker bees busting our butts every day just trying to get by. :mad:

9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I can definitely identify with you and pretty much everything you said here. Only thing that keeps my hope is that I will sometimes meet a very nice person. But it's pretty much a wasteland. Everything is nice and clean and it's full of people who appear to be happy but I bet 80% of them couldn't tell you what they're so happy about.

I guess they've found a way to convince themselves it's all worth it. I wish I could but I don't think I ever will. I feel myself slipping. I used to be capible of optimism. And now, it only pays short visits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.