This year have you changed for the better or worse?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by TWF, Dec 26, 2009.

?

Better or worse

Poll closed Dec 31, 2010.
  1. Better

27.6%
  2. Worse

72.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

So, as we all know 2009 is ending soon, so here you can reflect back on how 2009 went for you.

Personally, I have undergone some change, but it's most likely part of the growing process, I still feel the same as I did in 2008, my suicidal thoughts have worsened. Going from age 15 to 16 I obviously matured in general and I gained intelligence and social awareness, but I still embody my usual selfish nature and I'm still a horrible Narcissistic, suicidal person. I've definetely changed for the worse and I can only see it getting worse now.

2. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

It's been a hard year. I had a bad job, was harrassed, was fored, was 7 months in sick leave, wanted to die. was diagnosed with BDP.

But I voted changed in best, because I kicked my ass, and I've been in therapy for 8 months, and same for the treatment. I do what I should have done. I don't want to die so often. I think I look a little more forward, even if I still have bad moments.

I'm looking forward to keep it up, chin up for 2010. Through such a bad year. I see more positive, or try.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It's hard to say.

Actually, I'd change my vote from "worse" to "better". I'm better at relating my emotions to people, which is a critical skill for a bipolar individual. A year ago there was only one person I could talk to about mental health problems... which means that when she abandoned me I was hopelessly alone. Now there are a few people I can talk to about them, so I might be all right.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i'm so much fucking better my therapist and i can't get over it.
    even the crisis team. they can't get over how well i am. i'm so well i don't self harm anymore. i go and let them know what i'm going through.

5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Worse

I joined this suicide forum for one. Ive had one of the hardest years in my life. But Ive discovered that I am a very strong person with weak moments. Ive learnt I can survive on my own. Ive realised how much my family and friends mean to me. But I think my depression has gotten worse over all.

6. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Things around me are better but I've stayed the same.
    Guess that's still better.

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

worse. much worse.
    It was bad to begin with, but this is getting ridiculous... -____-

8. AEdle

AEdle Well-Known Member

Of course....worse...

I`m entering in the 3 year which is worse than the second which was worse then the first . :rolleyes:

9. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Better. Finished my doctorate, new job, new house and only 2 short stays in hospital.

10. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

For better or worse I've embraced my sociopathic tendencies. I'm gonna do my best to live my life like I was really adopted and I'm really a long lost member of the Addams family.

11. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

My depression hit an all time low and this has easily been one of the most difficult years of my life.
    But I realised a few things about myself. I separated the wheat from the chaff and although it was difficult I made some tough decisions regarding the way I was living my life and my future.
    So all in all - as hard as it has been - I have changed for the better. And I expect things to only get better from here on out, because I've already been to rock bottom, it's time to climb...

12. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

worse for sure!

I don't even want to think about it. that anything happened to me in 2009.

My depression got worse than ever, I've been so negative towards everything which include family, friends, myself and life so far.

I am taking way too much meds and I am still feeling suicidal, it's not just feeing, it's the first time for me to actually find different ways and I've written all the details on how etc...

I don't know what or why I am waiting.......

13. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

It has been better... I suppose I've matured a lot from last year. I've been through a lot, and here I am still alive, not giving up life. Not yet. So yeah, it's been better.

14. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

Worse, lot of bad things hapenned to me that made me really sad, I HATE THIS YEARS, hope that 2011 will be better and full of love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.