those ppl that ......

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ODIECOM, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

i see time and time again posts where folks are ready to die because of the way other ppl are.
    yes its true, the general public are assholes. this is now a world of ,selfishness, unkind, self centered, judgmental ppl who basically dont give a damn about anyone but themselves.

i believe that far to many of us have allowed those same ppl to control the way we think about ourselves. that in turn makes some of lifes issues difficult for us to deal with. we hear the constant ridicule and in time we end up believing what we hear. we allow ourself to remain in the low self esteem boat that WE ALLOWED THEM to put us in.

theres more to life ppl. we just need to get off our ass get out of the boat and start walking. i say this because we can. sometimes we just dont know it and we refuse to take any chances. we quit ... or maybe never believed in ourselves. so therefore .... we fail to see or believe anything other than what we are told.

make a change ppl. commit to yourself the bennefits of life. you dont have to live in paradise to make the best of your life. things dont have to alwaygo your way to make the best of your life. stop allowing others to alter YOUR course in life.

be yourself. things arnt great for me, they havnt been in 5 years. however, i made up my mind to make things better ... and slowly but surely their getting better. not the way i want it ... but a far cry from where i was.
    you have to make the decision and you have to take the first step.

odies thoughts
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree that the only way we will get better if we do it ourselves. We have to fight get into peoples faces to get what we deserve we need It was the only way i got help for my daughter i did everything and i did it again untill someone listened until someone heard me No one is going to walk up and say how can i help you you have to tell them make it clear to them you want help and deserve to get help fight for you and your future and when you get to the point you don't have it in you then get someone else to fight for you. call the people who can get you help crisis the hospital anyone you town council anyone who will listen Im tired but it was worth it to see them finally get some help finally years of fighting someone listened.
  3. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

Learning to like yourself, developing self esteem, taking responsibility for your own happiness -I found these slowly developed from not letting people/the world keep knocking me down.

You're right Odie, it's the definitely the way ahead, it worked for me. For me it took meds, time, some good fortune, small changes, little efforts which eventually drew together.

The phrase 'We are not victims of life, we are the creators of our own reality' helped also.

im glad things have gotten better for you.
    its not always easy. it takes time to straighten out what is ...
    ive been here in louisiana since april. things went to shit the minute i got here ... long story ... lol.
    but now, i have changed my attitude and as long as i continue to move MYSELF forward to my goals NOTHING will remain the same. we cant allow ourselves to be swallowed up by what others think or our issues.
  5. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

Absolutely :) and thanks, you too.

Love your avatar too, hehe.

i just read your post Zoe,
    im glad your moving on. that phrase is very true, sometimes we dont allow ourself to believe it ... been there fer sure.

ty and ty violet
  7. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

That's quite an open and positive take on life. I disagree that your self-esteem is on the basis of how immoral people can act though , sometimes people are just inclined to react to any sort of abuse and we can not control the situations happening around us, sure, you can remain positive, but how long will the illusion last? I have tried doing everything I can to change, have a better life, reminding myself that the world is how you make it, I've taken a lot of positive and selfless actions, however ended up failing and worse off than before. Some demeanors that people exhibit can be deflected or ignored though.
  8. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

I never really understood the whole "People are making me depressed" deal. Unless it's a matter of abuse.
  9. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

If it's an illusion it won't last. I used to try to act positively, to put a positive spin on everything, it never lasted.

The change comes in learning to be truly OK with oneself, not to pretend that everything's marvellous, but to not allow self esteem to disentegrate and misanthropy to creep in when times get tough, as they inevitably will because life is that way sometimes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
  10. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming from, basically acquiring balance. The notion is paradoxical though, how can you truly procure a balance in life that way, when the only way to attain balance is when one thing compensates for the other. All this links back to the subject that other peoples' misdeeds affects others, even if you did accept yourself, what is the point or reason, if your actions are futile and instead nobody appreciates it, it's like a humanitarian with no followers, standing up for a great cause. More people are likely to stop you from achieving your goals, no matter how many times you try or persist, no matter what view or mindset you have and when you finally do get what you want, you also have to protect it, which other people will try to take away from you. If people act like this, it's impossible not to have self-esteem or cynicism intrude your thoughts and therefore, that is how people are affected, in a negative way.

as i respect your post silvio.
    i was sitting in the same mind set that alot of ppl have. how long can you keep that illusion up ?
    that i found was up to me. it took a lot to convince me that changing the way i think would change the way i felt about things. i can tell you this .. it does work. there are issues that we cant control. we learn to accept things for how they are. i have. i had to.

self esteem is learned. it can be taken away or never be offered at a young age. that depends on the childs home life. ppl with low self esteem will most certainly have fears when dealing with ppl or issues. it shows.

the bottom line is, its the way we think about our issues and in turn, how we respond to them. its called staying positive. thats not easy i understand. but if we cant see it happening ... it probably never will.

im not where i want to be ... yet. but im not where i was. i have to keep moving forward. if i dont ... then i might was well take about 4 bottles of sleeping pills and hope for death or at the very least a major seizure or stroke that disables me.

as far as other ppl .... i USED TO BE controlled by others ... i finally refused to allow myself to live the life others see me as or try to make me feel.

i dont care what others think about me anymore. i am me. when you allow others to control you by what they say or make you believe in ... then you have truely lost control of you.
    little kids are different because they are young and naive. they like many ppl ... myself included at one time, can be manipulated to belive anything.
    i chose to be me ... in control of me. no .. things arnt great at this time ... but im grateful for what little i do have.
    moving forward despite what plagues you takes courage,strenght,hope and faith.

just my thoughts,
  12. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I agree and try to stay away from such people, but there're always situations... actually, it makes me more angry. I'm angry, and then get depressed because I keep it. Like at work, you have to face assholes. It's a fact. But too kind, too fukced. I was fired (and harrassed) because I was fed up being cancelled hours of work, or called at 9pm for the day after. When you're a part time already.... You know about poverty?

My employers went to holidays 3 times a year, a nice house a garden, two with jobs, well paid. Poor them. The world of work, people commiting sucide, abuses of all kinds (by a few to others), it's just the picture of what we've become, dolls. And if you disagree to that kind of world, you become... US.

Thinking about it, I already feel better. Better me than them. :D

You're good people. Wow, it's rare, be proud.
  13. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

You're right there, staying positive is the key. As cynical and negative as I am, if I argued with that, I'd be a hypocrite, if you're alive, you have at least a glimmer of hope or faith. Somebody told me a few days ago, everything exists in the mind, that darkness consumes you, while only positivity can fend it off and only you can make it happen. I guess this and other posts such as yours, has helped me see things in a clearer perspective, I'm guessing with this mindset it'll help you to move on and progress in life.
    Thanks for your input.

i used to be negative all the time. its because i simply had no hope or outlook on anything. i didnt believe in myself. staying positive isnt easy.
    sometimes is sucks. i know some how, i have always gotten through. not the way i would like to have sometimes but i did.
    thats positive thinkning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.