Those with children...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lemonyjuice, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemonyjuice

lemonyjuice Member

I have two kids and they are the only reason I am still alive (that and maybe some naive hope that things will change - ha). I feel like I'm a poison to them dead or alive. I feel guilty for having ever had them. I feel like I've just replicated my misery in two innocent parties.

I don't know what to do. Does anyone else have children? Mine aren't old enough to know what's going on yet, but that won't last long.
  2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. so glad you posted this. and i am right on the edge today- and i also, have two kids. 11, 16. they keep me on the edge - and not going over.

no matter how bad things get - you know - we have to stay. we do. we can't damage them, and it would . we both know that. in ways we cannot imagine, , , it would harm them, forever.

pm if you want to talk. i am always here for you. (and of course, if you are familiar here, s.f. is very supportive and tons of great people, are here for you ) my pm box is open to you - and i will be hopeful that you will make it through. your post - and your openness- is so positive. hold on to that positive energy - and STAY.
    my best to you :hug:
  3. hauntedsky

hauntedsky New Member

I have a 4 yr old, and i feel exactly the same. It';s just nice to have a place to vent.
  4. ame solitaire

ame solitaire Well-Known Member

Same here...I have a Autistic 7yr old.
  5. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Ditto. I have 2 children agen 7 and 10. They live with their mum in Wales so I only get to visit every couple of months. The eldest knows I am ill as I have been sectioned several times and he knows my illness was the reason why his mum and me got divorced. Even though my suicidal thoughts are so strong, the thought of hurting them is sometimes just as unbearable.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I'm an old fart, my daughter is 27 and I have an eight year old grandaughter. They both know I am ill and still love me. My daughter doesn't understand mental illness especially because it runs in my family. She herself suffers from major depression but is in denial,she always tells me theres nothing wrong with her. I took her with me to one session with my therapist and on my next visit my therapist said she needs major help.. How do you tell her she needs help when she won't admit it to herself.. I think when your children get a little older you should be honest with them. Not so much the suicidal part but everything else. They will still love you!! Kids are alot smarter than we give them credit for. Theu will pick up on it eventually so it is better to come from you!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.