Thought for the day Jan. 22

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by gentlelady, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Anyone can hold a grudge, but it takes a person with character to forgive. When you forgive, you release yourself from a painful burden. Forgiveness doesn't mean what happened was OK, and it doesn't mean that person should still be welcome in your life. It just means you have made peace with the pain, and are ready to let it go.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Thanks for this - it is a good reminder. I also like the one that says "forgive - not because they deserve it but because you do" which is to the same point....
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Holding grudges, seeking vengeance is a waste only.. Just let it go and move on is better!!!
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

holding onto anger only destroys us internally not them
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Thanks for this. Forgiving someone removes an emotional thorn, so the wound can heal.
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Awesome reminders, thank you all - I choose to forgive on a daily basis, and it DOES get a lot easier to do, given time, and insight. Insight releases the power to make the forgiveness possible, once we have made the choice to forgive. I well understand not feeling able to forgive - but these feelings can change. We owe it to ourselves to allow our feelings to change. Resentment is counter-productive for our lives every time. That's why I chose my avatar - why should I go on punishing myself?
    And on a deeper/higher note - because we are made in God's image and He forgives (in fact, has ALREADY forgiven) - the need to forgive is present within us, as He made us with the capacity :) (But of course, that is optional to take on board).
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I like the part that basically says forgiveness doesn't mean what happened was okay, or that person is welcome in your life, it just means you're basically releasing yourself from the hold that the pain has on you.
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Great advice, because the anger just eats away at you as long as you can't forgive that person.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.