thought for today

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

With the overpopulation, pollution, and corruption in the world, it seems to me the greater sin is depleting natural resources and destroying the environment. If there is a truly enlightened god, and I highly doubt there is one, he would give you a wink and a pat on the back for committing suicide.

2. I agree. I doubt that God really cares about how long or how short of an existence someone has in this world, and the matter of how they die. God cares about a person's belief in God and the overall nature of the person's soul and spirit.
  3. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Isnt it better for 'God' if we die before we completely stop to believe in him?

4. I agree!
  5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you said. Do you mean is it better for God if we die before we stop believing in him? Or do you mean is it better for God if we die before we start believing in him?
  6. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

yeah yeah yeah but it would still suck if we never really tried! It's much more effective to be an activist than just decreasing the earth's burden by one person!
  7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i believe that god, or as i prefer, the divine, is within each of us.
    to hurt myself is to hurt the divine within myself. while it is understandable i came to the decisions i did in terms of suicide, it is ultimately a destructive and not a creative act. i also believe we are all connected, so when i hurt myself, i hurt everyone.
  8. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I think it says 'before we stop believing in him'. I dont know what you didnt understand.
  9. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Eeek, this looks like a philosopical dispute among medieval monks :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.