Thought I was doing better

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by NoNamesPlease, Jul 6, 2016.

1. NoNamesPlease

NoNamesPlease Active Member

I was fired from my job today. I truly felt that things were getting better. I have not been late or absent. I was let go because they said I was not a good fit.

I have been on this job for 4 months. What is so wrong with me? I was so humiliated having to clean out my desk. The job was at a car dealership and my desk was in the middle of the showroom floor. I don't know why I can't keep a job. I turn up on time I do my work I am friendly with co-workers and customers, but over and over I keep getting the same line.... I'm let go, "you're just not a good fit."

This was the first job I've had in a long time that I truly felt comfortable doing. I felt I even was beginning to make some work friends. I don't have friends outside of work or at all for that matter but most days I actually looked forward to going into work.

I feel very numb right now, and that frightens me. I am in a very calm quiet place that I have been in before when I wanted to hurt myself. I don't feel like lashing out, hurting anyone else or trying to get attention. If I could just simply fade away right now I would.

2. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about you losing your job @NoNamesPlease . That's extremely difficult. I was fired and unemployed for a while a few months ago so I know the emptiness that it can cause. I hope that you can find some peace tonight and not feel too badly. There isn't anything wrong with you. Do you think you could go outside tomorrow (or whenever its daytime where you live) and get some fresh air and walk around to "wake up" even the tiniest bit? I know it sounds corny but when I get in a dark place it helps me. Take care.

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, totally understand you currently. Must a massive shock to the system. I would seek legal advice as that's a feeble excuse. We're you a probationary period. I would seek advice as that's no reason to fire you.

If you did not fit in the organisation, why was that highlighted after four months and not after the first day or month? I would ask about any internal or external complaints and ask for examples. Why was nothing said earlier and lead you long until yesterday unnecessary humiliating day.

Please think about situation where you might recall doing something or saying something wrong.

Stay strong and ask about references. Get an long and detailed explanation to understand to why your were dismissed but please seek legal advice first before any contact with your former employer.

The reasoning given us feeble and I don't think fair in your circumstances.

4. NoNamesPlease

Thank you, Unknown.

I asked for specifics, none were given really. The whole thing took 10 minutes. I was rushed to sign a resignation letter and not allowed a copy.

5. NoNamesPlease

Im hoin
    Im going to a job fair today. Thank you for replying