Thought Induced Pain

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Will, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will Staff Alumni

When depressed, has anyone ever felt these pains?

I've noticed for a long time, that given I've broken myself down, when I think of negative thoughts, I get these sharp rushes of pain, from my chest, through my wrists, to my figertips. Sometimes strong ones aare through my legs.

but it's not like a thick, aching pain. It's sharp, and stings, almost. However, it's not just like a random or throbbing pain. It's only seems to happen as I tell myself (mentally) something negative. Like a call down, and then I feel that pain come over me.

Though it's not the good kind, because it does NOT dull the mental load any...still have to SI. :(.

I don't know if anyone else has pains like this associated with their thoughts 'activating' this.

I've thought they might be like heart palpiations. But I am not sure.

2. eih

eih Well-Known Member

It doesn't happen that much but I do remember awhile ago something like that happened when I was really depressed and putting myself down. I just remember it happening in my heart like really quick jabs of pain...That sucks it's happening so much to you though... maybe you should get it check out or something :unsure:.

hope it stops soon for you :hug: good luck

3. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Nope, the only pain I feel is on my wrists.

4. letdown

letdown Guest

:hug:
    I think when this happens to me its because of feelings(doesn't have to be negative or bad) rather than actual solid thoughts. But when they are actual solid thoughts they tend to be thoughts that complement the feeling, running along the lines of, "I'm contaminated, poisoned, somebody has put poisonous substances in my blood, they are taking me away." My mind tends to run away with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.