Thoughts are creeping in.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by KJM, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJM

KJM New Member

Hello. Its starting to take hold in me. I have not tried in around 7 years, but the last couple of weeks I have noticed I have been thinking more and more on my own death. At first it was just little things, a stray thought here or there when I was laying in bed, but then the thoughts started coming more and more. A few days ago was when I first realized it was getting bad, I was talking to my friend's girlfriend and I had absentmindedly spelled out an entire plan to finish myself, understandably horrified she stopped talking to me for awhile. Tonight however It got really bad, I took a shower and did not realize I had carried a knife in with me, I came to my senses pretty quick and got rid of the knife. I sat crying for a few hours thinking of reasons to do it. I want to tell all this to my psychiatrist, but I always have a nagging feeling I am just wasting his time when so many more people could use his help. I have grown distant from my friend, he could not handle what I am going through so he just stopped trying. I feel alone often and I do not know what to do.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Tell your psychiatrist ok just tell your doc so you can get some help and not get any deeper into the depression
  3. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I agree, talk to your therapist. They're there to help you. We're always here for you. Don't give up. Stay strong
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

YOU are entitled to deserve that help of the psychiatrist just as much as the next person. Get the help you need before it is too late :hugs:
  5. KJM

KJM New Member

Thank you everyone, you are right. I will call my psychiatrist tomorrow and schedule a meeting. Hugs to everyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.