thoughts just keep coming back (trig)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by mixedemotions, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

Picking up the blade is the easy part, it's the putting it down that's difficult.

The firstcut hurts the most but once you get the rush it soon fades and you go numb. You cut again to make sure its real, seeing the bllod pour is the thrill, the excitiment pumping through your viens.

Its the stopping that the difficult part, but you know if you take it any furthure you wont be able to turn back. ITS TO LATE

Stopping is the problem

How do you stop?

2. sophie_b

sophie_b Well-Known Member

Sometimes when i would cut, after i would then give myself something to do and make out its realy important so i don't shun it.
    stay safe
    xx

3. Suicidal Risk

Suicidal Risk Member

Honestly, think about your parents finding out again....think about what their punishment will be this time, think about how it hurts others....thats if you want to stop for good...

If you only want to stop from killing yourself try coming up with something to do, something more important than cutting to do (ie something that you wont just forget about and relapse into cutting more)

Try some different things and see what you can come up with....writing might be a good release, your post seemed very detailed :mellow:

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

not cutting is probably one of my biggest challenges right now. i think about it lots and the urges are very strong. i choose to not cut because now that the psych, therapist and mental health nurse know about it (i told them), it doesn't give me the same relief. i go straight in to feeling ashamed, and the psych asked me... if all you feel is bad after you cut, ask yourself why you still cut...

as for the how: i keep busy, i leave notes for myself saying do not cut (everywhere), i do pushups and lift weights to tire out my arms (so that the craving lessens), i hit a tennis ball against the wall, i write down my feelings, and answer this question in writing: if your scars could talk what would they say? i meditate, i sit on my hands so i can't pick up a blade, i go for long walks, i post here and ask for help.

when you are ready to stop, i know you will be able to do it. you are so much stronger than you think, and we are here to listen and to help.

5. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

thanks for your help.

i promised my self i woudn't cut again after the last time. i almost got caught and i know that if my mam saw me it would kill her.

so its been 2weeks or so..its going ok but then when alone at night and things wont leave my mind the urges just keep coming back. some times they so strong and i just sit and cry until i cry my self to sleep. it hard but i have to put up with it.

keeping my self busy is easy but i get bored just as quick. have a very low attension span so it doesn't take much to get me distracted.

soo as i said in the orginal post its the stopping that hurts but now that i have (not for long) i know its gonna be wirth while.

6. HexenBexen

HexenBexen Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. It's something that's always in the back of my mind, I just keep trying and trying to put it off. even while distracing myself, I keep thinking about how I'd rather cut. It's like a drug...

Anyway, I hope you've been able to get a handle on things.

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'm glad your making the effort to stop hun. pm me if ever you need to chat.
    Keep up the hard, but rewarding, work :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.