thoughts on loneliness

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Malcontent, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

I feel so completely alone. Like I'm looking at the world from behind a sheet of glass and I'm shouting into a wind that whips all my words away. I feel like I'm the last person on earth and all the lights in the buildings are dark, and all the cars are left abandoned in the streets, and all the houses are empty. I may just go out into the dark and walk forever. Walk amongst the people like a ghost, never finding one who can see me. Always and forever a silent shell, an imperfect copy of the real thing.
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I've gone through years and years feeling like you. It's horrific. Really horrific. When that happens I do want to die. I can't cope with that very well. I just sink and sink...
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are feeling so alone Mal. I can assure you that your words are being heard. I know saying that we are here for you and are not alone does not compare to someone being there in real life. I am sorry for that. I am always willing to listen without judging if you need someone to do that for you. You are in my thoughts. :hug:
  4. SullenGirl187

SullenGirl187 Member

let's be alone together. We're in the same boat.
  5. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I am incredibly alone too. It's difficult to describe apart from saying I feel numb.
  6. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Interesting thought...

I believe people that are alone, are not neccessarily "lonely" per se. However, there those of us that whether with people or not, feel a sense of loneliness. It's that feeling..... dead center that feels void of love and hope.

I'm curious, when you are alone is silence, why does it dishearten you? Does it make you nervous when it is quiet?

I've often told my friends that when I am alone in silence or retiring for the evening, it makes me nervous and edgy because, I then would be confronted by my own inner voice......the reality of what is going on inside of me. It's almost as if, I don't want to confront my SELF.
  7. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

The loneliness I struggle with is both a separation from intimacy and 'love' I would say, as well as a detachment from others on a emotional level. In other words, the fact that most people can't relate with my isolation and feelings in general makes me just as lonely as loneliness itself...if that makes any sense.

In any case I'm on the fence of the belief that loneliness is a human disease...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.