thoughts on what death feels like

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emily83, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

just wondering if anyone else here has thought about what death feels like, not just the actual death, but the hours leadin up to it.. and if so, what you all think?

i think it's relaxing and gentle, you just start fading in and out until you're no longer around

does anyone else have thoughts on this?

anyone actually thought about it?

2. 41021

41021 Banned Member

yeah
    triggers me bad
    chest pounds
    or do you mean like a natural one or?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have seen death many times and each time it was not peaceful the body continues to fight itis quite sad really

4. emily83

yeah, like natural.

i'm just curious on what people think... sorry for triggering you

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

As a nurse in geriatrics, I do sadly come across death quite often. Each death varies from person to person. I have seen people enter the dying phase, who just slip away peacefully fairly quickly. Some have passed away without warning very peacefully. But I have seen some very long, drawn out deaths where the person is constantly crying out in pain and agitation and not even end of life anticipatory drugs help them. I have seen some horrible deaths, but I have also seen some very peaceful ones. You never know how dying will affect you, it's not something you can predict.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good question. But as Butterfly said it can vary greatly. In my opinion though, I like to think it would be very peaceful and at the end literally resting in peace.

7. emily83

i like the replies here.

especially *music*'s reply.. kind of how i see it too

8. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the person/situation. As others have said, it's unpredictable and can vary.

Personally, I hope my death is instant. If I knew it was coming ahead of time, I imagine I'd be terrified. I'd probably be extremely nervous, sweaty, scared and panicky. As much as I wanna die, I can't get over my fear of death right now.

9. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Im guessing most people would want to peacefully pass in their sleep, or if possible peacefully/non painfully pass while awake with loved ones or at a place that means something to you. I'd imagine right before passing it would be a euphoric drug like experience. I think there is all types of chemicals released in the brain just before death such as DMT(the drug that makes you dream-not sure though) and others. I have tried DMT and if its something like this it wouldnt be a bad way to go on a natural high, if not in pain that is.

10. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

I die in my dreams a lot and it always feels the same way every time. My body feels cold and heavy, everything slowly fades in and out, if someone is talking to me it sounds like gibberish, and I tell myself to hold on but I can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.