Thoughts please...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by MoAnamCara, Aug 11, 2013.

1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I wasn't sure where to put this... but I have a question...

Today I got berated by a family member via instant messaging (I wasn't at home at the time) because they had tried to "call" me four times in two months (not including yesterday & today) via something similar to Skype, but I didn't answer. Either I wasn't home or I didn't hear the incoming "call". I didn't "call" them back when I saw I'd missed them though either. None of these calls took place via a regular phone, cell or otherwise.

Am I that wrong in what I've (not) done for their behavior to be justified??
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I think they are overreacting a bit, especially if they only called a few times in the past 2 months. They should understand that you can't be around a computer 24/7, and that sometimes you just might not want to talk. They should respect your wishes and stop hounding you about it. So you definitely aren't in the wrong there.
  3. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks for responding witty... I question my thoughts and thinking at times.
  4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with Witty.

But i'd also add - if they have other ways to contact you (regular cellphone, email, or otherwise), that they should consider using them too. Berating you for that is actually out of order if they did.
  5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thank you, fighting the tide
  6. darkdays

darkdays Active Member

all people are dysfunctional at best and don't always communicate in the way they intend. in other words, they come across one way when their intent is something else. is it possible the family member was concerned about you and was reacting out of fear that something had happened to you?