Thoughts. *trigger warning*

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Tiger, May 6, 2016.

1. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

This is not an immediate threat however it's something I am struggling to talk about in therapy and with people face to face. I've been having increasingly violent thoughts. I know sharing them would be against the rules but I just need to let this out somewhere less personal, less intimate.

It's something not easily discussed because it's so frowned upon. It's something I'm scared of sharing because despite everything else I feel I know that these thoughts are definitely NOT normal. And I don't know how others would react to that. I know I should be scared by these thoughts but I'm more scared of how people will perceive me once I tell them about it.

I feel very alone and isolated and I don't really know what to do. I'm not sure what the consequence of me expressing these thoughts would be but all the same the consequence of continuing having these thoughts would be undoubtedly disastrous.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am sorry you are dealing with these thoughts, it sounds very scary.

I do think you should tell your therapist about this, in order to help yourself deal with this and work it out. Your therapist is not a mind reader (though some can be quite good at guessing)... if they don't know what you are thinking they can't help you the way you need.

The longer you go alone with these thoughts the worse they might become...

Please take care of yourself *hugs*