Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I keep thinking about how easy itd be to do this. To walk into party supply store and buy something thatd nake an exit quick and painless. So why haven't I?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Because hun too many people will be harmed not just you but the ones that care about you hugs
  3. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

No, I'm pretty sure thats not it. There really isn't anyone left TE, honest.

Its really not important, just something I was thinking about, been on my mind a lot
  4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

As with most people, it is quite easy to fantasy about their own death, but when the time actually comes to take your own life, they tend to get caught up in the exact moment of actual death, what it would feel like, how it would look, what will happen at the exact minute of death, how others at the scene would perceive them et cetera. Of course, self preservation is perhaps the most basic instinct all living creatures evolved to have and I am glad we posses it, if not frustrated by it at times.
  5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Im not concerned about how it looks etc. I'm concerned about the strength and desire of my thoughts. Other times I don't care about them. Im concerned for the future or even the thought of it. Its too much for me at the moment. I'm back to wanting to hibernate. And it'd make no difference to anyone anyhow. Sorry, too many thoughts and incomprehensible dribble.
  6. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I too fantisize a lot about my death. But when I play with the materials I get nervous and put them awway. I'm hoping I won't have to use them I think.
  7. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

Maybe you still have a little bit of hope?
  8. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

perhaps, yes.

I've watched others fight for their lives and fail due to illness. For me to consider throwing it away (this is MY opinion) feels wrong after seeing how strong and for how long they fought. Is that enough reason NOT to? More (engrained catholic) guilt.
  9. Count Floyd

Count Floyd Well-Known Member

There's probably a lot of reasons to hang on. There are also a lot of ways to take your life too. I have wanted to get a gun for protection for a while now, but I'm also afraid when I hit one of my lows, I'm gonna pull that sucker out and take my life. I'm hanging on right now but I also don't want to make it easy to take my life. Gotta hang on if you can.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.