Thoughts

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Butterfly, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

How do you know what was, and what wasn't abuse?
    How do you know what was your fault and what wasn't?
    Why did this not bother me years ago, but is now eating me up with a vengeance?
    Why is this trying to surface when I feel like I am not ready to confront it?
    Why won't this just stay in the past?

How do I work this all out? I don't even know where to begin.

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

You may not feel like you're ready but if you weren't the memories would stay buried. We feel we're not ready because we weren't ready for what happened to us. It shouldn't have happened and no way could we be ready. I don't need to tell you but I will - you're not alone. You're not the only person with mixed feelings either. You don't have to deal with it now. You can choose to do it later. That's very different from burying it. It's your choice, under your control.

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

It's hard to explain. I was young, and it seemed like the norm, so I never really ever thought myself as a victim. It was only since I spoke candidly about a couple of incidents when people questioned things with me, making me realise it was not normal. It keeps on resurfacing every now and again, but the past month or so it's been constant questioning. I don't know what happened, or what to do, and I don't think I'm ready. I think I know why it's stemmed, its from something completely unrelated but I have identified a trigger, so I guess that's good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.