thoughts

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by whoami13, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whoami13

whoami13 Member

My brain won't turn off, always the victim never the victor.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hey I know the feeling when I keep thinking and thinking. With nothing good coming out of engaging my mind. I can only tell you what someone taught me to do. One idea is to sing. When we sing it disengages the mental process. it uses a different part of the brain.

The other idea is whats called "heartmath" focus on the heart center of your chest. It is not just were the physical heart is. But also in the center of your chest area. focus on that area as you slowly inhale. and then slowly exhale. Think about something that makes you the happiest. Whatever that is. Keep breathing. slowly inhaling and slowly exhaling. Sometimes it helps to put your hand in the center of your chest. where the heart center is.

While we cannot stop the mind from perseverating, we can sometimes switch the focus to the heart. or to more of a right brain activity such a singing. I hope this might help a bit.

3. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

^I think singing is a great idea, as well as learning an instrument or something, or dancing, meditation, art, etc. Anything where you have to really be in the moment. I used to do sports for this, when I was doing them, I had no thoughts of troubles. Maybe the only times where I was living in the moment, it feels so good to shut off the thoughts, kind of like an escape like drugs are but it can actually be productive unlike drugs!

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Oh, I know that feeling pretty well. My brain never shuts off, either. So I just try to distract myself any way I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.