Thread to rant about condescending jerks

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Tecky, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

This thread is for us to rant about the condescending jerks in our lives.

Despite all the education going on, many people still do not understand depression. For example, whenever I try to talk to people about my depression; my need to talk to my therapist and take my medication, they usually laugh at me and tell me I would be better off just doing some meditation...

As if doing some new age made up fancy breathing techniques will suddenly make Singapore a better place to live in, turn the economic crisis around, somehow magically make me attractive to the opposite sex and turn water into wine...

Yeah right. Meditation... hah!

Teck

2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Yeah... YOU FUCK FACE HYPOCRITES!

Keep YOUR MOUTH HOLE SHUT!

3. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I have been to good and bad doctors, frankly some doctors don't have the slightest idea what they are talking about.

Bera in mind how much they get paid, how desensitized they get to people's problems.

You ned to be firm with doctors...you ned to let them know they are not helping.

4. I'm all for the water-into-wine thingy!! :biggrin:

Oh yeah - just think positive!!!

:mad: BITE ME! :mad:

Aren't we just "legends in our own minds"... :dry:

5. Tecky

Tecky Well-Known Member

A_pixie, I wasn't talking about doctors. The condescending jerks in my story are regular people who think they know more than doctors.

But I agree with you. Some doctors are really unhelpful. A degree in psychology means little to us really. When we are sitting in their offices, ready to bare our hearts and unload our burden, it means little to us whether if they have a degree from some Ivy League university or not. We just want someone to listen.

Anyway, I am considering sending in my story to the papers' forum page. Hopefully the jerks in my story can read it and be ashamed of themselves. If they truly want to help, they should just keep their pie-holes shut and listen.

Teck