threads 2015 and older wont show up in "my content"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by undercoverlover, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

threads from 2015 and older wont show up under my content or posts, but i can find them in the forums. i happened to stumble upon one from 2013 in a sub-forum that doesnt update much, but when i look under my posts on my profile, it only has stuff from this year. is this supposed to be happening? i figured old threads just get deleted after a while but then i found those threads from 2013 so i was confused. thanks in advance!
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

When we were hacked a couple of weeks ago it broke the search function completely and when we rebuilt it started logging the posts in the search function from two weeks ago. We have since attempted to repair it, but with the number of posts we have (nearly one and a half million) it taxed the system a little too much so now we think probably about 1/3 of the posts have been rebuilt into the search index but we had to stop the process before it broke the site. Sorry for the inconvenience of having to search through the forums for threads, but this is why the search function and "my content" is acting a bit crazy :)
    undercoverlover likes this.
  3. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

Do you think that eventually the other 2/3 of the posts will be available from the profiles again? Either way, great job for the work everyone has put into it!!!
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

A lot more of them are already available (if you check your posts now you will see they go back a couple years already). We will however be archiving an as yet undetermined number of older thread sin the near future to improve overall performance. Likely looking at anything older the 5 years or so to be archived.
  5. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

okay :) I was just wondering because I joined about six years ago, but none of my threads are showing up still, just some posts.
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Did you find the source of the hack?
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.