Threatened Hospitalisation

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Summer/Autumn, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer/Autumn

Summer/Autumn Active Member

Last week my key worker/therapist threatened to section me and put me in hospital "for my own good", due to the amount of self harm I'd been doing. (The amount is way too much to mention here, just suffice to say I was finding the overdoses difficult to hide from my family) Anyway, to get back to the key worker - this week she drops her bomb shell - she's going on leave for 4 weeks and she'll see me when she gets back! I know she's entitled to her own life and to have some holiday, but how can it go from one week saying she's really worried about me and she's going to section me, and the next week that I'm OK to be left with out cover for a whole month? This is only day 4 and I'm already falling apart. I'm frightened that there's no-one there.

2. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

Do you have any other therapist or doctors working with you? this is your key worker but perhaps you have others, even a gp or whatever, if u are struggling u can see them and tell them whats going on for you and that u can't cope without ur key worker/therapist for that long so they need to make other arrangements for you. As for the threat of sectionning, I don't know abt you much, but if they are concerned about you harming urself a great deal then it is a likely route they will take. I am concerned that they have just up and left without leaving any kind of support network in place for you. So, at the moment its up to you to find the support urself, see your doctor hun :hug:

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Is there anyone who is taking her place while she is out? Is there a doctor or therapist you can talk to during this time? Of course, if you are feeling really strung out, please go to the ER and they will have to treat you..hang in there and let us know how we can support you...J

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi that is when you use the crisis lines okay You talk to people let them know how you are feeling and why and they will be there to help you get through until your doctor returns hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.