Three of me?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Failure_By_Design, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Failure_By_Design

Failure_By_Design Account Closed

I have depression, I know that. I'm being treated for it, but it still feels like there's 3of me, which wasn't treue before I started seeking help. Now I feel like there's 1 that wants to hurt me wants to make me suffer and injure me. Another part that wants to end life, to get away from the first part of me. The other part wants to get the other two away, wants to get better. They're all fighting, but the first part is what I want to win.

Can anyone else relate to any of this kinda stuff?
  2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

That's actually exactly how I was when I had depression. I never even realized it until now, thank you. I can't really tell you how to fix it because it sort of just went away for me, but I think gaining employment played a big factor, as I was forced to leave my flat and break out of my self-imposed shell, as well as break the cycle of thoughts that plagued me.

It's awesome that you are getting treatment, it's bound to help you, even if you have to switch doctors/therapists/psychologists to find a good one (if you already have a good one then you don't need to worry). I do know that effort plays a big factor in getting better, and believe me, getting better is better than giving up. It sounds cliche, but there is a whole world out there waiting for you, and you get to dictate the size of it. You can go out and party every night, or you can visit a friend or family member once a week or fortnight or month. It's up to you. They are only small and basic examples, but you get my drift.

The most important thing is that you learn to control your negative thoughts, and not let them control you. This can be hard to do with depression, but it is definitely doable.

Welcome to the forums by the way, and try not to let the bad stuff get you down.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
  3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome. I can completely 100% relate to this. It's like a constant battle for domination, and at any given time a different part can take over and it completely changes every aspect of my life. It's exhausting and I hate it, to the point where I often hope the second part wins.

Tobes, your post gives me hope, so thank you for that. It's so good to hear from someone who has made it through this sort of thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.