three steps to a better eating disorder. (not what you think.)

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Chemical Chaos, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chemical Chaos

Chemical Chaos Active Member

i don't have an eating disorder; in fact...i probably have in the sense that i eat too much hehe...
    but i did go out with someone who DID. i don't know if she still does (she got better for a while...but it may have come back. who knows?)...she cut me out of her life ages ago when she met someone better but i learnt a lot from that time. so if there is anyone here who is close to someone who they know/think has an ED...consider this.
    the first thing i encounted was this...a huge denial. she thought there was nothing wrong with what she was doing...but found herself obsessed with the people who had the condition there was "no way she had, fuck that!" (in her words.)
    she suddenly realised she was ill when a tight fitting pair of jeans no longer fitted her. "oh fuck, D, i have a problem here..."

i just needed to tell this...because there really are three steps to a better eating disorder (none at all.)
    sometimes it takes a shocking moment to bring one to reality...the point i am making here is this; do not fret if your loved one has yet to see the truth. they will do. that's when your job begins...seeking help and when they do seek help...don't you fucking dare shove your face in the sand, okay?

it was small steps at first...making sure she had something good for her at least 4 times a day. she'd have milk a help her bones. i'd FORCE her to her GP appiontment. she always was glad she went in the end...

i wont go into the lengths on how we got her out of her me if you want those details.

and this post probably comes across as random dross....but it has a point, and my point is this. the three steps.

The acceptance. - they need to accept it for themselves.
    The Support - help them help themselves.
    The loyalty - that speaks for itself.

without these'll be no help to your loved ones recovery.

hope i've given a little something for you to think of here...

Draven xxx

P.S if you have an ED...remember, no-one will judge you if you DON'T accept it straight away...that's what your loved ones are for. and with them, you CAN get help.
  2. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

thank you for this.
    i have found all three things here at sf which has helped me to gain 42 pounds from my original weight.
  3. Chemical Chaos

Chemical Chaos Active Member

i understand fully that it is a slow and tedious process....but just those few first steps really can help you achieve your goals.
    it's the same with anything it an ED, depression, self harm problem...whatever.

if you need a friendly know where i am :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.