throw in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.

letty

Banned Member
Honey, Letty - I have been right where you are honey, and we are all here to support you.......... I think about "what I did" most of the time.......but, I have more understanding about it now, more insight. Mistakes come because of our blind spots - we can think we are doing the right thing, and yet, later it becomes apparent that we stuffed up....... however, this does not mean that we are useless and worthless, even though what we did was vastly unappreciated by others. We have beliefs that fail us, but that does not mean that we are failures.

Support is what you need, friendship and encouragement and understanding. While your mind heals, honey, it is certainly possible. PM me if you'd like :)
uPrecious thank you , i appreciate your help and insight, i have so many mistakes and things i have failed in , i just feel so useless when i mes things up

letty

Banned Member
letty, I would never think of you as a useless or bad person...you are special even if you don't think you are. I get the same ideas in my head at times, so you aren't alone. I can imagine how hard it must be for you to go through all of this, but please don't give up. We are all here for you :hug:
Christy thank you , you are a special person , i wish i had alot of your qualities, you are so helpful all the time.

letmego3

letty how bad is your situation at the moment. Is it worth it to throw in the towel right now? Many people wish to end their life because they are in so much physical pain that it is unbearable. But how bad is it for you at this moment. I am not undermining your hardship I just want to pop some questions in there that might make you think. You say that you feel worthless and useless but why? We all have a right to be here otherwise we would have not been born. If you have made mistakes its ok everyone makes mistakes and no one deserve to die because of it. You might be too depressed to appreciate or stay interested in things. Tackle your depression first maybe then you might see things in a clear perspective and start to enjoy life a bit more again.

BornFree

Letty... :arms: it sucks hun & its unbelievably unfair... Please dont give up... Dont think about tomorrow or the future when things are bad we gotta just try make it through each hour or even minutes. You are amazing & your kind caring ways make such a difference and you are very much cared for here by so many... Vent vent vent get mad angry upset its ok... Let it out hun dont keep it bottled ok? You are allowed to feel & you deserve to feel better too & now its your turn to receive kindness & caring... So no guilt ok?!
Please keep talking & reaching out here so people can care for you as youve cared for others
Hugs

Sweetie, I know things seem hopeless and out of control right now, but this isn't the time to give up. You have many people here that care about you and want to help you through this. We all have times when it seems the only option left is to give up and then, for some reason, we hang on for one more day. Maybe because there is one more thing left to do or one more place to see. Whatever the reason, we persevered and one day becomes two, then three and so on. Just maybe things become bearable again, maybe even some happy times. There is hope. Please hold on to that faith. No matter what the situation, something always changes. :hug:

letty

Banned Member
letty how bad is your situation at the moment. Is it worth it to throw in the towel right now? Many people wish to end their life because they are in so much physical pain that it is unbearable. But how bad is it for you at this moment. I am not undermining your hardship I just want to pop some questions in there that might make you think. You say that you feel worthless and useless but why? We all have a right to be here otherwise we would have not been born. If you have made mistakes its ok everyone makes mistakes and no one deserve to die because of it. You might be too depressed to appreciate or stay interested in things. Tackle your depression first maybe then you might see things in a clear perspective and start to enjoy life a bit more again.
Hi letmego3 my situation right now is to much for me to handle, i know others have it worse than me, but i am tired
of the stomach problems weakness, the many medications for the depression and the disease. i feel useless because
there is nothing that i do thats worth anything, my words seem to not mean anything.
i shouldnt have been born my mom even told me that, iwas a mistake.
i know this isnt a good excuse to others but its to much for me

Your words do mean something letty. You offer words of encouragement in your replies, visitor messages, and PMs that make a difference to many of our members. You are appreciated and needed more than you realize. :grouphug:

letty

Banned Member
Sweetie, I know things seem hopeless and out of control right now, but this isn't the time to give up. You have many people here that care about you and want to help you through this. We all have times when it seems the only option left is to give up and then, for some reason, we hang on for one more day. Maybe because there is one more thing left to do or one more place to see. Whatever the reason, we persevered and one day becomes two, then three and so on. Just maybe things become bearable again, maybe even some happy times. There is hope. Please hold on to that faith. No matter what the situation, something always changes. :hug:
Thank you Gentlelady , my thoughts seem out of control I know your right things change its taking long,
I am very grateful and thankful for all the responses it does make me feel good, and it touches my heart
because i didnt expect anyone to respond i always feel invisible. .

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
Well what you have written certainly has helped me...... I've struggled to make sense of things in the past concerning my "validity" - (feelings of worth and value). My mother never told me the truth about how I "began" - never told me I had been her biggest mistake - she did try to cover it up, but I wasn't told the truth..... I found that out later some other way........ So, (and I am not putting words into your mind here saying this is the truth,) but it could be those feelings of rejection that we became sensitive to in the womb, as mistakes - have meant that we have struggled to gain acceptance in our lives, because of our perception of our first reality.

there is so much that is not known about pre-natal life and its contributions towards a happy mind. However, I hope what I've written may be of some use to help make sense of things - if it isn't please totally disregard it. I only mention it because of what your Mum told you.

A counsellor said to me - we don't come from our parents, we are here through them. 'Through' means we can disassociate ourself from painful beginnings by realising our worth and value now - rather than look at the 'from' and think we can't do anything about what we came from.

This certainly helped me, and so I pass it on in the hopes it will help you too letty :)

letty

Banned Member
Well what you have written certainly has helped me...... I've struggled to make sense of things in the past concerning my "validity" - (feelings of worth and value). My mother never told me the truth about how I "began" - never told me I had been her biggest mistake - she did try to cover it up, but I wasn't told the truth..... I found that out later some other way........ So, (and I am not putting words into your mind here saying this is the truth,) but it could be those feelings of rejection that we became sensitive to in the womb, as mistakes - have meant that we have struggled to gain acceptance in our lives, because of our perception of our first reality.

there is so much that is not known about pre-natal life and its contributions towards a happy mind. However, I hope what I've written may be of some use to help make sense of things - if it isn't please totally disregard it. I only mention it because of what your Mum told you.

A counsellor said to me - we don't come from our parents, we are here through them. 'Through' means we can disassociate ourself from painful beginnings by realising our worth and value now - rather than look at the 'from' and think we can't do anything about what we came from.

This certainly helped me, and so I pass it on in the hopes it will help you too letty :)
thank you urPrecious, I know she was thinking about abortion, i know she wasnt happy when was carrying me, she was negative . thank you for sharring that with me.

letty

Banned Member
thank you urPrecious I am having a bad night i will try to think about what you said and what the others have said, i am really thinking about blowing out my brains right now, i cant get these voices to quiet dowm i am feeling so messed up i am sorry i have failed you all. its so hard at night my mind just dosnt stop, and the guilt anger hatred towards myself becomes so strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00