Throwing it all out there

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Pharaoh, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

Well, I ended up finding this site from some google search or other, and that was a while ago. I'm an honors student, have inspirations to be a writer, and have four of the best friends that can ever be.

I also have Dissociative Identity Disorder, which is a battle in and of itself.
    There's:
    Me
    Rem, angry jerk who hates me
    Kai, who I'm told is a little like an emotionless robot
    Princess, little girl who really is a nice person

Anyways, I think that my DID, along with my crazy and irrational anxiety, not to mention my apparently putting trust in the wrong people have me constantly at my wit's end, and I'm really looking to find some people who relate to that.

-Rant complete-

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:welcome:

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! All ranting is aloud here as long as you don't mention methods.. Hope to see you around..

4. bipolarjoe

bipolarjoe Active Member

Pharaoh,

I recently joined the forum too. It has been very helpful to me. I have a close friend with DID. She is a wonderful woman in her late 60's. She also has MS that keeps her in a wheelchair most of the time. Often as I speak with her other personalities come out. I got freaked the first time this happened, but now I let her go on. She is also a mental health advocate. She has even been appointed to some kind of commission by the governor of Maryland.

Take from her example and keep on pushing. Your aspirations will come true. Remember that many famous people that have made this world a better place have dealt with serious mental illness too.

Joe

5. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

Thank you. I'm hoping to help others with DID, in hopes that others don't feel as alone as I have with it.

6. bipolarjoe

bipolarjoe Active Member

You will make it. I take it you are a young person and you have many years ahead of you. Keep the faith. It may be helpful for you to somehow network with others with your same condition. I do so with others with problems similar to mine. People have "come out" to me after gaining confidence with me as a person. We become closer. We understand each other more and have more respect and compassion for each other. An example, a women I work with, that I would never suspect to ever have had a psychological, problem told me that many years ago she was hospitalized for 19 days. It is our secret. This is the way this stuff works. Stigma is out there, not quite as much as there was when I was young, but it is still out there and strong in many cases. I am going on here and am probably not a good writer, as you must be. But, be assurred that I and many other consumers have your back and have compassion for you. We might be quiet about our compassion, but we have it. Take care and the best to you in your quests. Stay involved!!!!

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.