Thunderstorm (rough draft)

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by theleastofthese, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wind-whipped sheets of rain
    nourish and punish my garden
    while the rolling rumbling
    and electric sky
    play music for the flowers
    and clean the air they breathe to blossom.

theleast

final draft - for now...

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh... if only you knew how I LOVE thunderstorms - how cathartic to 'moi' ---and how perfect (perfect) your words are! *I hear the roar, the echo*

Thanks! (I needed that)

:eek:)

FAL!

3. theleastofthese

(((FoundandLost1)))

Thank YOU! I needed to hear that. We're under a severe thunderstorm watch right now til midnight - three hours away. It's coming in waves as the storms come and go and are replaced by more storms. I've got my flashlight handy.:rolleyes:

Again, danke schoen!

theleast

I also like thunderstorms but they scare me sometimes when they're this bad and long-lasting, also I'm afraid of the tornadoes they can spawn. I was in a building directly under a tornado as it passed over us and NEVER want to be that close again. In ninety seconds the whole building looked like, well, like a tornado had hit it. EVERYTHING was on the floor in three inches of standing water.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2006
  4. Ain't been there - to what you describe (Hol-EEEEE) - but have all my days been in awe of what Mother Nature teaches us - WE'RE not in charge. When we come out safe, we remain in awe - when we come out damaged, we have to start over. I dunno... I'm just into the storm I imagine hearing by your description - please be safe. Yet let your breath be taken away by "mom's" power. Not to mention - (needed) positive ions released in lightning... Oh wow, I feel like I'm there with you in my wee imagination... Rawk on Mom - we're so small... Please keep the writer safe...

FAL1

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  5. theleastofthese

Dear FAL1;

I did the (for now) final draft. I'm never satisfied with my writings, they undergo endless revision.

The storms are passing over us one at a time. I will be safe - Molly (daughter) is monitoring the local weather on the net and giving up to the minute info.

I'm afraid for my fragile just-planted flowers as there is a large "nuisance" tree directly above the garden and it often loses big branches in such high and mighty winds.

Yes, I am going on the front porch to look in awe and wonder at what the Creator hath wrought... and watching for those sneaky funnel clouds.:eek:hmy:

love,

theleast

the day after being under the tornado several years ago I wrote a poem about just what you said: WE'RE not in charge. I will post it if I can find the original in my messy den.

6. Sounds like you're totally in charge of not being in charge - humble spot, but worthy. I hope the storms are merely cathartic, and no more damage than that...

FAL1

7. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

:eek:hmy: Thats so beautiful..and accurate..and just incredible. It takes so much more skill to convey what youre writing about through such a short poem. I'm in awe. :smile:

8. theleastofthese

Thank you BlueBerry! I also like your poetry, you are quite good at expressing thoughts and feelings yourself!:wink:

love,

least

It really was one hell of a bad storm... but my flowers were undamaged by it!

9. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

wow that was good...

i really liked it so much...

Love BP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.