Thursday Thread

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hey everyone, welcome to Thursday.

Big changes are happening in my life. Looks like I am going to get a 2nd chance.

And still while I am happy at the prospect of reuniting with my wife and kids, I still feel sad too.

Anyway, that's enough about me.

What is going today for you fine folks?

Check in and say Hi!

:love: all!!!!

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

That's great news Bill!
    I'm having a reasonably decent day today, meds have finally kicked in so thumbs up to that! :loopy:

3. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I'm sooo happy for u bill...hope it all works out

I'm alive so thats a start i guess...one day at a time for me right now....

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

i feel like clubbing :boogie:

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Today I finally went to the dentist. Finally!!
    After that, I took the bus (~half an hour) to work. At lunchtime the pain took over (eh, I have my period). I rushed to the bathroom, I didn't want to scare the patients, and I lied down on the floor for 10 minutes. That was hell... But it was really a relief when the pain went away.

6. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

yo yo

its thursday again :)

7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I love thursdaysssss :biggrin:

8. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

thursdays are certainly awesome.... means one more days of work for me :biggrin:

9. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

I barely slept this night, kinda drained already.

Anyway, I'm gonna hang in the library for the day, just gonna leave a bit for 1 class and that's it.

Great to hear you're getting a second chance Bill!

10. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks.

That was awhile ago now, and things are going as good as can be.

Welcome to Thursday again, everyone!

What's on tap for today?

11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well the time came, when I finally accumulated 2000 points in the my coke rewards program. I remember a year ago, they had all kinds of really cool stuff you get at that point. Well all they had these days, that seemed worthwhile was a $50 Nike gift card.

I had been stewing over this for the past week, deciding if that was really what I wanted or if I should wait until Jan to see what they offer for next year.

I decided to go for it. And today I ordered my new Nike's. By the time I paid the little extra and taxes, I spent $13.00 on them. That's cheaper than Walmart! lol

This is a big deal for me, cause I never spend money on things for myself. And the shoes I usually wear are Walmart shoes. As a matter of fact, I have a pair of Walmart casual shoes on now. lol

I mean, it has to have been 15 years since I owned a pair of Nike's!

12. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Yey :D

13. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I have a pair of Nike's for 12 years now, they're great.
    It would be best if we could always follow that English saying - "I'm not so rich to buy cheap things"

14. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hey everyone!

15. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

Gotta prepare for a few meetings taking place tomorrow, gotta do my food shopping. Sun is shining but I don't like it.

16. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I love to go food shopping. It's a blast to go with the wife. I drive her crazy. Just another kid at heart I guess. lol

17. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

I love food shopping too, trouble is i take such a long time because I see everything as potential ingredients for all the things I want to cook... I love cooking.

18. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I love cooking too. As a matter of fact, I just told the wife last night, I wanted to make beef enchiladas one of these days.

19. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

i like cooking too :D my current favourite is a chickpea curry -sounds kind of plain but it has peppers, apple, tomatos and all sorts of things in

20. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

That's cool.

And then later on as we get towards Christmas, I will be making cookies. I make this one sugar cookie that looks like candy canes. My grandmother used to make them, and I carry on that tradition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.