Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ema, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

I'm not exactly in crisis, but I didn't know where else to post this. I looked, but...

We're going to lose our Tigger this Saturday. It's time. All he really wants now is to eat and sleep. He doesn't seem to want as much attention. He's a skeleton and he doesn't clean himself anymore. It's time.

Of course, I say that, and he comes over here and purrs.

My heart is breaking. 18 years with my baby. It's really, really hard to say goodbye. And to know that I'm doing it. I know it's right, but I feel wrong and bad.

Tigger, Prescious, Pooh Bear, I love you and always will, with ALL my heart and soul. :cat:
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Would you like to tell us more about Tigger? What's he like?

Its veyr hard to lose someone you love so much like this.

However, what you are doing is committing the ultimate unselfish act and allowing him to leave when its best for him. It will be painful for you, but hopefully in time, knowing you made whatever decision was best for him will bring you comfort.

Spend a lot of time together these next few days. Spoil him rotten. Take lots of pictures. Get someone to take pictures of you and him. Take videos if you can.

It hurts to be where you are right now but he is a very lucky boy to be loved so unselfishly as you love him.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Agreed. It hurts knowing you may have to say goodbye, but doing what is truly best for him shows how much you love him.
  4. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

We have pictures of Tigger at his best. I don't want any now. He's a skeleton. He was a good weight at 25 pounds. He's a very long and tall cat. Now, he's 7 pounds and nothing but bones. You can see his individual ribs. I don't want to remember him this way.

He's my baby.

I tried to hug and pet him, but all he wanted was to get to his food bowl. That's pretty much all he cares about. It just hurts so much.

I hope he knows how much I love him.
  5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

He will know. Animals know far more than they often share, and he will know especially on Saturday.
  6. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

Cats would usually leave their owners and die off somewhere not far from home, they don't want their owners to get sad. I assume your cat never walked outside?
  7. purls

purls Member

Hooray for you. Hooray for your cat. You've made the correct choice because you really love the cat. That's the way.

Some cat at some shelter needs you, also.

Sorry for the loss. We just lost a dog and it sucks.
  8. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I went through the same with my Buddy...I still remember him whining in pain as we tried to sleep...

But soon, Tigger won't be in pain anymore. He won't suffer or anything. You're doing the right thing.
  9. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

What makes me feel so bad is that I don't really know if he is suffering. I just know that he isn't like he used to be. All he wants is to eat and sleep. And he doesn't use the box anymore. We have pee pads for him.

He has a digestive disorder that causes him to slowly starve and the medicine quit working. There's nothing else to do. But, how do you know when it's time? That's what I don't know. With Wolf it was so obvious. With Tigger, his eyes are bright and he walks around. But, he doesn't want love like he used to. He just wants food and sleep.

I don't know. I just don't know. But, I don't think he's ok anymore....
  10. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Trust your gut instinct. Your emotions and rational thought will distract from what your wise mind (AKA your gut instinct) says.

What I would say is that its better to go one day to early than one day too late. It sounds like you know this is the right time.

I have a lot of special needs animals and therefore we lose a lot, and I always question before having them PTS if its right, and I have always felt that I got it right afterwards.

Trust yourself.
  11. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi ema. I'm so sorry to hear that Tigger might be dieing. He sounds like he was a wonderful cat. I hope you make the right decision. :hug:
  12. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Im praying for you and your baby!!!!!
  13. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Very bad morning for Tigger and hard night for me.

My heart is in pieces.
  14. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Thinking of you both.

What's happened for him this morning?
  15. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Oh, he has trouble with diarhea and he went three times this morning and threw up once. That's just really bad for him.

Right now, he's curled in a ball just staring into space. I so wish I could make him feel better. I hate that he's feeling so sick.
  16. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Poor Tigger. :sad:
  17. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Thinking of you both today.
  18. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

@Things-Same thing for after I kill myself.

You just indirectly said that suicide is a good thing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
  19. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

Ema-I'm so super sorry about Tigger. Cats are such a huge part of our lives and they're the best. Just remember him when he was at his best and what an awesome cat he was. He'll always be with you in heart and spirit-cats are like that. :)

20. Things

Things Well-Known Member

... *sighs* What ever, man. What ever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.