Tight throat, any way to get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sunnypseudo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. sunnypseudo

sunnypseudo Well-Known Member

I didn't know where else to post this. For the last few weeks my throat feels like it tightens up like breathing is difficult, feels like I have a lump in my throat and I cough to try to get rid of it. I know it's nothing physical. I've been checked out by a few tests and nothing.

I did some searching and turns out it's a symtom of anxiety. When I'm medicated it doesn't affected me as badly but I cant stay in a haze all day so.. I work on my posture and trying to relax but I cant seem to relax enough at all to get my throat to loosen. Does anyone else deal with this and any tips on how to get my throat to stop? It's an unnerving feeling and occasionally it makes it really hard to sleep.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Slow, deep breathing exercises for relaxation. They might take a little while to "work" - I mean you have to keep at them and practice and practice and use them. I gather that when they do start working, just turning to them in moments of stress or "tight throat" can begin to help in minutes.

I hope you feel better soon. *hug*

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you are at home a warm mist helps to loosen up tightness in your throat. menthol mist even boil some hot water put it in a big bowl and breath in warm moist air it can help if you have menthol tea even use it and just breath in vapors ok it helps

4. sunnypseudo

sunnypseudo Well-Known Member

I will give that a shot, thank you