Tightness in chest - through eating again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by downunder, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Have been not eating much except just a cup of soup once a day. I actually feel really happy doing this, and have done this for about 5 days, I know this is not healthy, but I like seeing the weight coming off.

Then I might start to eat again. I get this tightness in my chest where I suddenly have to take 6 breaths in and one out. It can happen at any time such as whilst driving my car or just relaxing and watching TV. It will only happen once, and may not happen again for another hour or so, or even 30 minutes later. I don't feel stressed or anxious when this happens.,

Anybody had this before?
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yes, I used to get sharp pains just when moving to another room. You probably know it's because you're eating too little so there's not much I can say.
    Mine went away when I ate properly and exercised. If it starts getting really bad go to the doctor, though he'll just advise you to eat more.. :hug:
  3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Eat more! 3 stable meals a day minimum.
  4. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey, i got this even when i was eating fine, but i was cutting down - i don't really know what it's about but i think it has something to do with your body adjusting or something.
    hope you're okay soon :smile: try to eat more than you are now, else your body will go into starvation mode and when you do eat normally again you may see that you put weight back on really quickly. so try and keep to the recommended daily allowance and do some exercise :) you'll feel much happier and healthier xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.