Time drags on!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SnowFallenAngel, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowFallenAngel

SnowFallenAngel Well-Known Member

Time drags on and everything gets worse! How did I get to 55 years of age and nothing has got better for me?!
    Well anyway, I used to not want to be here but now it's actually that I want to die.
    I can't and won't carry on like this, it's just not fair. I'm 55 ffs will I ever get the chance, seriously a chance to be happy fora while?! I don't think so considering I only have the past to go on. So I have two options 1) stick around for more misery, self loathing and loneliness or 2) just get it over and done with.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Option 3 - talk about your problems and issues, get constructive feedback on how to to either cope or make changes, either here or with professionals, and actually try the changes to make yourself happy.

Happy is a very vague term and means very different things to different people. What is it that would make you feel happy - or at the very least happier?

Take Care and Be Safe

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

This may be where your problem is. Stop going on the past. Erase it and start new. I know it's not hard to forget, but going on the past will only keep you in the past. Look now to the future with positive new plans and strategies to go forward with.
  4. penguin66

penguin66 Member

I understand your thought process completely. I just posted a thread earlier with similar feelings. I am 51 and can only look back at good times. I see none in my future. So, what's the point of continuing this life? I don't have an answer other than how much it would hurt my friends and family. But, even that isn't enough to stop me from wanting to die. I wish I could say something to help you out, but I don't like to be a hippocrite and tell someone to get help when I want to go away as well.

Wishing you the peace with whatever decision you make.
  5. SnowFallenAngel

SnowFallenAngel Well-Known Member

Thanks for replies.
    What would make me happy is to be healthy. I am a housebound agoraphobic and I don't get any support from docs only medication. I also have chronic physical illnesses. I live on my own and have no friends and family couldn't care less, so not much point in anything really.
  6. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I understand how you feel. I'm 49 and on my own as well with little contact with family and no friends. I'm not agoraphobic, but might as well be with the amount that I leave the house. I too have chronic pain problems. My life has been a long history of a continuum of barely keeping the worst of the depression at bay all the way up to severe disability from it. There are not many happy memories to look back on and when I do, it just makes me feel worse. To be able to go forward into a brand new life and pretend that none of the past happened and none of my current problems exist is just unrealistic. If I'd read 2/3 of a novel and it really sucked, would I read the rest, or would I wonder why I'd even read that far at all? (I suppose the only answer is that there is nothing else to read.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.