Time for the AA meeting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by anarulesmenow, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Drinking far too much now. I have drunk since I was about 14, it started properly when I was about 15 due to stress etc. I have drank too much since then, always been known as the drinker to my friends (in a fun way, they never really saw the bad sides).

But this morning I got up at ten am and poured a drink. Been doing that for a while, and then I went on facebook and saw that someone had posted something from the day before (about 4pm) saying 'Having a drink,it's always 7pm somewhere!' and I sorta realised that my drinking is not normal. It has always been odd, but I have been waking up and drinking in the morning and throughout the day and then before bed every day for months and that isn't normal.

I am not sleeping, my muscles ache, I always feel ill and tired and I can't stomach food/retch all the time, even when sober. I hide drink when i am home and if I don't drink for a day I feel crap and crave it. I am on the bipolar spectrum too. This drinking has to stop and I ought to go to an AA meeting but I'm scared.How do I tell a friend? I'm always the life of the party due to drinking.

2. anarulesmenow

i am a 19 year old girl btw. My friends love me drunk as i am the soul of the party and am known for drinking so much. Do i ask a friend to an AA meeting?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can take anyone you want with you to a AA meeting for support I do hope you reach out for help hun

4. anarulesmenow

thanks, tis is just hard breaching the subject, especially when i am known as this fun drunk

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Did you end up going to the meeting? I've been going to 12 step meetings for the past few weeks and have noticed a significant improvement in the way I feel. I used to be anxious all the time and wanting to die every second of every day. But since I have been going to meetings I have felt comfort in knowing that I am not alone. That all the people around me have gone through the same desperation. Wanting to quit drinking but not being able to. Not being able to imagine a life without alcohol. My life is not super interesting now or anything. I have been sleeping a lot and I still feel depressed. But I no longer want to die. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck. If you're still around on the forum, let us know if you went and how it was and where you're at.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

@Fromthatshow

A huge congratulations to you. Well done =) You have come so far, you must be so proud of yourself and I am delighted to hear you no longer want to die.
    There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.