Time for the Prozac!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by OneTwo, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneTwo

OneTwo New Member

I think it is time for me to become the second member of my family taking this drug! I need to feel numb. I will join the one in ten Americans taking antidepressants.

I visited a psychiatrist some weeks ago, and he wrote a prescription for Prozac. I never filled the prescription and failed to return. He has asked me to come back, and give the medication a chance... as have my parents.

I think it is a good idea. Once the Prozac kicks in... I won't have emotions holding me back.

I won't feel depressed when I leave for school every day before the Sun rises after my three hours of sleep.

I won't feel oppressed when I am herded through the overcrowded hallways under observation of surveillance cameras... like cattle, trained to respond to the bell.

I'll finally be able to fit in with my fellow drugged and emotionless students, and I'll have no problem working and working.

The Prozac will probably kill my sex drive - good thing, because we have an overpopulation problem on this planet. But that's okay, because I won't feel the need for a hug anymore.

And after I graduate, I will finally have my own cubicle. I'll be content making the CEO another billion dollars every year, so he can enjoy the yacht in the Caribbean, and I will enjoy the hour long commute every day.

Maybe I'll process paperwork, so he can sell another hundred thousand houses where a forest once stood. But I won't feel bad about that either. Who needs trees when you can have row upon row of identical white house, and the massive parking lot for the new Wal-Mart store? Who cares about light pollution? It's not like anyone remembers what a natural starry sky looks like.

And maybe in a couple years, after we implement our national ID card in 2009, I can just get the RFID chip implanted.

2. lfdy

lfdy Active Member

hey, good luck with the prozac but its not all it is cracked up to be. you will always need a hug. i was put on prozac 11 years ago because i was depressed and suicidal. it only worked for a very short while, yeh it was great at the start, i lost alot of weight and felt a bit more balanced but after a year i had to increase the dose as it didnt work anymore. i then couldnt sleep at night becuase the higher dose made me hyper and i had to take downers, i lost all sex drive which isnt a good idea, i lost my identity as a woman. then when my life started to get back into normality i applied for a job in the police, but because i had a history of taking prozac on and off for 11+ years i was disqualified. this also applies to a teaching post if you can ever think far enough into your future and may want to do this. anti-depressents arent all they are hyped up to be. they are only good for very short term,but the only way to heal yourself is by talking and sorting out your feelings. if i was to do it again i dont think i would have taken them. surround yourself with good friends, stay on this website, they will help you stay strong. i know it has for me and i hope it will do the same for you. the prozac is only another vice to f*ck your mind up with. but this is only my opinion. only you know what is best for you. take care and think it through carefully before you do anything. i'll be thinking about you.

3. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

I have tried severa; meds with no luck. Prozac, Xanax, Seraquel, Abilify, Nothing changed. Seraquel was my favorite only because it put me to sleep that's all. I Was told they would only help 20%. I didn't notice any differnece at all.

4. lfdy

lfdy Active Member

hi xbrokenx, the pills didnt help me much either. it is a pill for a fragile mind i need. if there was such a thing as a pill to numb your mind then i am sure everyone would want to be on it. everyone has problems. so many people think that proxac and the likes are so great. like some magic pill that is going to make everyhting ok. they're not. to me they were just another habit. i could have been given a placebo and i would have felt exactly the same. it is all in my head. have you ever felt that way.

5. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

Lfdy, that's exactly how I felt. Hope it works out better for the threadstarter than it did for us.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2007
  6. lfdy

lfdy Active Member

yeh, xbrokenx, i am worried about her. i see she is off line. i hope she's ok. perhaps though the drugs will have a different effect for her. but i doubt it. you take care. i had a really 'dark' night last night. i am so tired, have to log off now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.