time lapse graffiti comes alive

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by hammockmonkey, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

2. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of time lapse graffiti, but I think the result is much better with a collaboration of artists, variety of styles combined, etc. This started out well, and some parts were better than others. Much of the later animation was repetitive and predictable because the artist gets into this fixated pattern of humanoids/ animated body parts, geometric shapes/ mechanical automatons. The mouth is another common theme here, lots of eating, vomiting, new creatures emerging from the stomachs of old (perhaps he's a fan of the movie 'Alien') However, I liked the minimalism, the fast pace (I would guess free form) approach, adherence to simple black and white, and of course the grotesque surrealism and gratuitous violence! It's all too reminiscent of childhood school days spent drawing bloody heads freshly severed by guillotines, monsters wielding machine guns, gangsters, nude women, drug overdoses and anything else our teachers disapproved of. I guess the fundamental difference is that some children are raised on Disney while others get into Playboy, NWA, Wes Craven, Clive Barker. With most boys in my elementary school, it seemed to be the latter.

3. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Really cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.